03+ carrier options

Fuel filter ordered & I'll be sure to do another thorough cleaning.
1. (3rd or 4th time, lol)
So, let me ask this also...
2. When the throttle stuck, the carb went cold at the top by the slide/cap, why would that be? Shooting cold air instead of fuel? Little air hiccup with no fuel for a second? Thought it was weird/scary/alarming and
3. hope I don't need to replace the carb.

1. you'll be a carb rebuilding pro before long :)
2. sounds like your nitrous malfunctioned :) (never heard of such a thing)
3. no new carb needed,
unless that slide is buggered up and sticking ?
you know about the slideslot & carb throat pin that must align on the kicker side ?
check the cable action too, might be frayed causing a hang up

The slide slot/pin need to be aligned for it to close/operate correctly, got that. But, still not sure why this thing went ice cold on me.

Atomisation of fuel is usually the cause of cooling, the process removes heat from the surrounding air.

Was the carb wet with fuel, were you flooding maybe?

Probably flooded, the throttle was stuck wide open, I held the clutch and quickly went from kill switch/key-off/ to choke out until it finally cut off.

I just read back through this, when it stuck at WOT, did it keep going like it was running away?
Your premixing, is the old oil injection system totally disabled? What I''m getting at, is the oil injection nipple on the carb blocked off?? If it has the old lie still attached, it could be sucking in air causing an airleak, that isn't going to get picked up on a leakdown test.

Take a pic of your carb, thats the best way to see if it is or isn't.

This is how it looked before I plugged the bare nipple shown in the most top left position of the carb, where I thought the injection input goes.

If I were you I would get a vacuum cap and throw away the shrink wrapped toothpick. Heat wrap is a tube and rather frail. easy to puncture. I would never use it on anything other than wires. 0.25 cents is worth a little piece of mind.

It was the best I could come up with what I had at the time. Rubber wrapped toothpick hillbilly hack was just to get me started. What is the other tube below that with the hose clip on it?
Elevation = foothills in NC, 300-800 ft?