00 blaster wont crank

00blaster

Jan 14, 2008
i have a 00 blaster that i rebuilt the top end in it when i got it it was torn apart. i put a piston, rings and pretty much rebuilt the top end. it still will not start it has spark and it has fuel going to the carb. could someone help please.

the thing will kick over and the spark plug sparks while out of the motor i put it in and it will not crank i take the fuel line off the carb and it is getting fuel. i dont have the rear plastic on and it has the air hose to the back of the carb on it could that be why.?

not sure yet so ur saying you HAVE compression like the piston is going with feul it just wont ignite with the spark plug inside the engine? but the plug is still good?

yea brand new plug. i got compression and i hear it pushing out exhaust. but it wont fire off.

Well if it has been sitting up for a while....then pull that carb off the bike an clean the jets out, you can have fuel in the carb but not gettin it into the cylinder which means your jet is stopped up. so clean the carb an dump some fresh gas in here an fire it up.

Also check your reeds make sure they are not cracked, or broken if so then they need to be replaced.

should the motor be loud when i kick it over. and why would my kick starter free spin sometimes it comes back up but sometimes it doesnt grab.

the only jet i know about and have checked is the main air jet what others are there and can i possibly get some pics of what to do