Works Dual Rate Or Stage 1 elkas.

I love my elkas! Those works have the easier preload adjustment, but would work as good as the elkas in my opinion as long aswhatever you get- are set to your riding style/weight!

I have had numerous sets of works shocks, 1 set even brand spanking new, great shock for what it is and costs, and a huge upgrade over stock.
moving up to elkas is almost like going from stock to works, they are that much better IMO

ELKA'S ALL THE WAY !!!

thanks guys :) im going to go for the elkas :D i can get them like £300/$500 plus tax import but guy said he sends them usps priority and they don't take charges apparently. but i can make a offer on them so il have money left if i get tax import fees :) i do like the elkas but wasn't sure if works were better. but since there the same il just get elkas :) they get set up for my riding style/weight and the a-arms im using which will be stock :p does anyone know if i get them set up for stock and thru time i get +3 a-arms can i get them set up for them or would i need other ones?

if your ordering the elka's new, have them valved and sprung now for the +3 arms, they'll just be a little stiffer till you get the + a-arms.

or....why not get the +a-arms first, they'll soften up the stock shock to a tolerable level, then get the elkas set-up exactly next year ?

if your ordering the elka's new, have them valved and sprung now for the +3 arms, they'll just be a little stiffer till you get the + a-arms.

or....why not get the +a-arms first, they'll soften up the stock shock to a tolerable level, then get the elkas set-up exactly next year ?

well i thought about it but im wanting a toomey exhaust as well and iv not got £100/$200 to put towards a-arms this year. i might get them before next xmas as iv got a garage to sell and im getting a cut from it. iv still to see what i get for xmas but i know i will have enough for a toomey and shocks. plus i need new sprockets and chain so im going to be pushing it lol. but il see what happens :) i was thinking about just running the stock a-arms until iv got everything else and get the a-arms last. as iv still to get plastics,steering damper,bumper and a rear brake off you I:I which i should be getting first but i am running it without one until i have a exhaust and shocks. iv still to sell my stock parts as well but i am not having much luck haha

yeah, most of us know the feeling of having to decide what to spend our few dollars on, building piece by piece, and sometimes doing things backwards as good deals come along.

yeah, most of us know the feeling of having to decide what to spend our few dollars on, building piece by piece, and sometimes doing things backwards as good deals come along.

yeah man lol i can live with stock a-arms but i was out on quad about a month ago and i now realise why the shocks have bad reviews lol but im just getting stuff at a time. i need new armour so im selling off my old motocross kit. im going to go for the renthal sprocket and chain kit for £85/$100 so its a good make and it lasts :) don't want my cases damaged anymore lol

My elkas stage ones are .5 inch longer than stock shocks. Only if you get the long travel option of the arms- would you need longer shocks!

thanks guys :) im going to go for the elkas :D i can get them like £300/$500 plus tax import but guy said he sends them usps priority and they don't take charges apparently. but i can make a offer on them so il have money left if i get tax import fees :) i do like the elkas but wasn't sure if works were better. but since there the same il just get elkas :) they get set up for my riding style/weight and the a-arms im using which will be stock :p does anyone know if i get them set up for stock and thru time i get +3 a-arms can i get them set up for them or would i need other ones?

Trust me mate you WILL get charged import duty, VAT and a handling fee, VAT is charged at 20% on total value of item including delivery, import duty will be around £80 £100 for that type of thing and around £20 handling fee, there is no dout about it unless you can get them to say the value is $20 but i very much dout that will happen

As i said to you before check out rockymountainatv they do a set of works, u'll pay $50 for your first $100 then $40 for every $100 after that for delivery but thats it delivered to your door with no hidden costs
Heres a link to the works shocks

Works Performance A-T Steeler Front Shocks | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

So for around £410 you could get a brand new set of works to your door with no duty make sense if you ask me

or why not call atv world they do elkas and you would only need to pay £10 delivery, i would weigh up all options infact i am as i am now going to buy a set of elkas for my quad sold the YFZ450R

Hope this helps

StevieN

Trust me mate you WILL get charged import duty, VAT and a handling fee, VAT is charged at 20% on total value of item including delivery, import duty will be around £80 £100 for that type of thing and around £20 handling fee, there is no dout about it unless you can get them to say the value is $20 but i very much dout that will happen

As i said to you before check out rockymountainatv they do a set of works, u'll pay $50 for your first $100 then $40 for every $100 after that for delivery but thats it delivered to your door with no hidden costs
Heres a link to the works shocks

Works Performance A-T Steeler Front Shocks | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

So for around £410 you could get a brand new set of works to your door with no duty make sense if you ask me

or why not call atv world they do elkas and you would only need to pay £10 delivery, i would weigh up all options infact i am as i am now going to buy a set of elkas for my quad sold the YFZ450R

Hope this helps

StevieN

alright man i tried to see what rocky mountain would take but it said at checkout that they can't post outside the us due to the item. im not sure why lol il email atv world and ask :D i want elkas so il try hunting for them :p

alright man i tried to see what rocky mountain would take but it said at checkout that they can't post outside the us due to the item. im not sure why lol il email atv world and ask :D i want elkas so il try hunting for them :p

They cannot ship STOCK Yamaha parts outside the US. Don't know why?

do they still fit stock a-arms ? im confused now lol

Yes they are for stock arms stock length. But if you get a arms and choose long travel option has nothing to do with the +3+1 that is referring to 3" out and 1" forward stock travel -long travel will have the shock mounts in a different location that is all! Sorry for confusion!