Will these parts fit my blaster?

BmxnBlasters

Nov 29, 2013
Northern Indiana
Yamaha Blaster Aluminum Air Box Airbox Intake CFM Performance | eBay

87 06 Yamaha Banshee 350 Aftermarket Works Dual Rate Front Shocks Spring D | eBay

1986 Honda TRX250R 250R Used Rear Shock Absorber Stock Excellent Condition 2 | eBay

I know the cfm air box will but i will be running a stock carb with it and a pod uni airfilter. Will i need to alter my jetting any? I currently run a stock air box with a k&n filter and dmc pipe.

I also know the 250r shock will with kens bushings. But i cant find any other good deals on 250r rear shocks. Also will the shock be crazy high and look like a lifted quad in the rear? Anybody help me on this one?

Will The shee works shocks fit on stock a arms with no mods and not sit stupid high.?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
When you order the CFM, you have to tell them what carb you have, they send the correct fitting to the carb.
You WILL have to change jets (even if you got another k&n filter, which is not recommended)

The shee shocks will work, same length as blasters

Im not sure on the 250r shock, most people run a 400ex, i have a 450r shock and it works fine

I know most people have the 450r rear shock and the 400ex rear shock but the 250r is the best shock out of the bunch. I think awk has one on one of his bikes. Maybe he can chime in?

Last edited:
my black bike had an 87 trx250r shock (at least thats what the ebay ad said)
it was definately a 250r shock, but i'm unsure if it was atc or trx ?
i've heard one fits and the other doesnt ?
the trx was way too long for stock shock mounts and raised the ass end almost 6 inches. w/ a +4" swinger.
i moved the lower shock mount back like 1-1/2" and settled it down to almost stock height.

kens bushings do work on the 250 shocks, but must be placed on the outsides of the upper mount, and the top bushing of the shock itself shaved down to fit between the mount

that 250 shock wore out in 2 seasons, even as little as the black bike gets ridden, and is hanging on the wall....blown.
unless you plan on rebuilding a 20+ year old trx250 shock, just get a few year old 400ex/450r < i've used both and were good shocks

now I have a yfz 450 shock on the black bike, as the lower mount was already moved for that length shock, and it sits the same height, so the trx and yfz's must be very close to the same length. I can't tell a ride difference between the 2 shocks.

bottom line.....skip the 20+ year old atc/trx shocks and go with the newest used shock you can find, 400ex/450r for direct fits w/ kens bushings

Thanks awk. I decided to go with a trx400ex shock. Will all years work? 1999-2013?

you will be happy with that shock, huge improvement over stock.
as far as i know, the 400ex has changed very little besides comsmetics over it's run.
i'm gonna say all years would work, but a quick look on bikebandit.com at the oldest and newest years to compare part # would clarify that.

Ya i saw that one but i am on a bit of a budget. I bought the cfm box and filter and the works front shocks. Now looking for a shock. I offered 30$ on this one.Honda TRX400EX TRX 400EX Rear Shock Suspension Cushion Assembly | eBay

keep watching and bidding, a few years back i won a few for under $10 + $10/12 shipping and resold them for $60 each.
deals can be had if you're willing to watch and bid.

cheapest i could find...........

just dirty as fawk :)
Honda 400EX 99 04 Rear Shock 7553 | eBay

nice-n-clean, keep watching
400EX Rear Shock 99 08 Honda TRX400EX TRX 400 EX Look | eBay

not to bash against u at all, but considering u are on a budget and are not in the same country as your blaster currently, i would just sit back and watch the prices until you find the right price for you.

I am visiting the beginning of february. Still on the hunt for a nice rear shock but i definitely understand your thinking.

If you bought that cylinder and head, I would buy an 80 over piston and send it out with the cylinder and get it bored to the piston. The only reason is, who knows if that cylinder is out of round or wore out from the previous life it had.

Now I have a question on jetting. I will be running a full dmc pipe/silencer, cfm airbox and uni pod filter. I think thats it? What should i change up in the carb. Just the main jet? I think right now i am running a 270 main? Idk for sure though. What should I change to? Also the temperatures will be in the 40s to 50s. Elevation is 860 feet.

DMC Recommends adjusting the needle setting to the richest setting in a Stock carb. I plug chopped at 1/2 , 3/4,and WOT, and only had to drop the clip 1 notch. Better get some bigger main jets also. 260 is the minimum recommended by DMC, and with the temps, uni, cfm airbox, and elevations......Your going to need a bigger main than a 270. Plug chop to confirm.

If you set up the DMC right, you will love it. Hits hard, and sounds like a 2-stroke goddess singing in the woods.

If I forgot anything, Hopefully Blaaster will chime in. He Helped me with my Dmc setup.

DMC Recommends adjusting the needle setting to the richest setting in a Stock carb. I plug chopped at 1/2 , 3/4,and WOT, and only had to drop the clip 1 notch. Better get some bigger main jets also. 260 is the minimum recommended by DMC, and with the temps, uni, cfm airbox, and elevations......Your going to need a bigger main than a 270. Plug chop to confirm.

If you set up the DMC right, you will love it. Hits hard, and sounds like a 2-stroke goddess singing in the woods.

If I forgot anything, Hopefully Blaaster will chime in. He Helped me with my Dmc setup.

I already have the dmc pipe. Its a nice low end pipe but i prefer my cpi pipe. I:I I will be installing the cfm box and uni filter. Last time I rode it the blaster had a high rpm bog in 4-6th gear. So i leaked tested it and no leaks, I am going to mess with the jetting and clean the carb all out. Where do i buy jets from? I would want main jets from 270-310 for the stock carb.

Where do i buy jets from? I would want main jets from 270-310 for the stock carb.

i get mine from my local dealer, save shipping costs on single jets
single jets can also be found on ebay
if i had to order a few like your looking to do, here's where buy from.........

Carburetor Parts Warehouse

a phone call to them will get you all the help/info you need for your exact setup, dude knows his shiz !

i get mine from my local dealer, save shipping costs on single jets
single jets can also be found on ebay
if i had to order a few like your looking to do, here's where buy from.........

Carburetor Parts Warehouse

a phone call to them will get you all the help/info you need for your exact setup, dude knows his shiz !

I can not call the united states currently and there email does not work. :(