Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Forum Supporters with 30+ posts OR members with 300+ posts

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Forum Supporters with 15+ posts OR members with 150+ posts

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • All Members

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I think you should also require that a for sale item MUST have a price listed like many other forums do.

A new set of rules will be made for that section and that should be one of them since if you don't, that is going to be the first question your going to receive.

It is a good rule nothing bothers me more than somebody selling something and when you ask how much they say make me an offer. If you are selling you should have a set price and then also accept offers if you want.

I would like to say that any new member should be able to buy, just not sell. If I am selling something and they send the money first then I have nothing to worry about. Now selling on the other hand Is where most scams go on. They could take the money and run. It would be just like ebay, you don't have to fully register to buy, just sell.

but dude if the new guys could buy then another new guy could post in the thread i have ______ id let go and it might a scam!!!

does everyone overlook the fact that alot of these rules are easily gotten around? i can see people dealing through pm's n stuff but then again, common sence has to kick in there because if you get ripped off by a new guy here because you dealt through pm's you cant really whine.

I just found this thread and it was cause I was cut off the sales thread. I understand that this is to help protect us. But, how many supporting members are on this site? and how many regular members are on this site? Like I said I didn't notice this thread cause I mainly look at the sale/engine threads. But, I think a pm should have been given to all members about this vote. The outcome is, that 36 people determind this change. I am for the current rules. I just think that it should have affected the persons selling after the change date.

I just tried to post in the wanted but it says I can't. I know i am new here but I need to buy some small parts like the washers and clip off the kick start gear and the little rubber bushing that sits in behind the thin pad in my back brake. shouldn't I be able to post that in there i mean i can't rob anyone by saying there is somthing i need?

You need to be a supporting member w/ 30 posts to post in the Marketplace. Reason being is because if you post in the wanted section there is still a possibility of a newbie ripping people off. Its more to prevent somebody that wants to rip somebody off responding peoples wanted adds.

click on the blue box under my name that says supporting member, that will take you to sign up it costs 10 bucks and use paypal

could there be a way to check someones ebay or paypal account???
cuase i have 100% rating on there, but i do plan on becoming a supporting member here soon, and what do posts have to do with it, you're gonna get guys posting a bunch of b.s. just to boost there posts #'s

could there be a way to check someones ebay or paypal account???
cuase i have 100% rating on there, but i do plan on becoming a supporting member here soon, and what do posts have to do with it, you're gonna get guys posting a bunch of b.s. just to boost there posts #'s

You shouldn't be looking at the post count but at the quality. So you should review some of the users posts rather then just looking at the amount of posts.

Well it looks like I can't post a wanted to buy until I either post whore (joking), or I pay the entry fee. Kind of like having to buy a Sam's Club card to be allowed to shop there... lol.

I prefer to spend my time lurking and reading the already great info here, rather than spam up the forums with repeating a question that's 2-3 threads down. A lot of what's posted answers my questions already.

I've jumped on various gun, jeep and zombie forums and threw money into a paid membership and such, only to find out a few months later that the place was crawling with dillholes. (I'm not saying that's the case here). I will eventually become a supporting member, but I'd like to scout around before I do.

Umm, oh, and is there a way to be able to reply to the sale ads, but limit being able to post sale adds? That in itself would stop people form joining just to post their stuff for sale, but would allow sincere members who are here looking for parts and info to reply and get the stuff they need. (Like me for example. lol)

This is a tough rule for prople that write only, to what I consider, relevant stuff. Like me. Like the poster above mentioned, most questions are answered already and with some very useful info I might add. I guess this is what it is.
Just found out the hard way. I guess buying something for me will be an uphill battle, unless PM's are replied that is.
TORKER.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great place and a little protection never hurts. But on the other hand, it took me a few years to rack-up 300 + post on 3wheelerworld.com, a forum that I'm also really active. Go figure.
I guess I'm just frustrated. Oh well.
TORKER.

I know how you feel dude. I had trader feedback and everything and suddenly found I could not trade any more. Just hang in there and become a contributing member if you can spare the change. 30 posts will fly by if you are active in the forums.