Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Forum Supporters with 30+ posts OR members with 300+ posts

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Forum Supporters with 15+ posts OR members with 150+ posts

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • All Members

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
^^ I like that idea. If your a supporting member, then 50 posts is nothing. And if your not a supporting member, then 300 sounds reasonable, jmo

I like the 50 and 300 posts, anyone hanging around with 300 posts probably wouldnt scam. 300 is enough to look back and actually see if they support the forum or not.

i voted 30 supporters and 300 non even tho i got about 120 post to go. but does it go for buying i think u should be able to buy just through paypal. just not sell unles u meet the above ^^^^

what about the adds that i already had am i not gonna be able to finish them off. ive been a member for a while now. have sold stuff on here and have gotten good feedback. i dont mind paying just curious. if i dont pay i cant finish my for sale add.

Wow. As a newer member who is honestly looking for some good advice and a good(friendly) place to buy and sell used parts I think the new marketplace policies are unfortunate to those of us who came here for help. At the rate I am going; working 2 jobs to support my hobby it is going to take me 258 days until I will be eligible to buy or sell anymore parts. I understand $10 is not a great deal of money but then again the nice thing about this(and every other I have been a member of) forum is that it is(was) a free place to hang out and buy or sell extra parts. Furthermore, I doubt if $10 is going to deter someone who wants to rip people off for hundreds of dollars from doing so.

Everyone knows the purchase of goods over the internet is an "at your own risk" activity. Whats the big deal with someone "walking in off the streets" to sell thier used parts or wheelers?? It's still benefitting people who are longtime members of the forum.

Obviously I am going to pay the $10 but I just wanted my voice to be heard that I disagree with this decision. Please don't bash me for it or anything. It doesn't change the way I see the Forum as a whole. :) I guess I will just have to work some more overtime to pay my "dues."

RJR677
(Ryan)

well here is the thing. the forum is free, and so is the marketplace section, if you have 300+ posts. how would it take you 258 more days? you cant find things to ask questions about, or help people. i understand people may not like the rule, but we did vote for it. cant say mods and admin just made it up.

Wow. As a newer member who is honestly looking for some good advice and a good(friendly) place to buy and sell used parts I think the new marketplace policies are unfortunate to those of us who came here for help. At the rate I am going; working 2 jobs to support my hobby it is going to take me 258 days until I will be eligible to buy or sell anymore parts. I understand $10 is not a great deal of money but then again the nice thing about this(and every other I have been a member of) forum is that it is(was) a free place to hang out and buy or sell extra parts. Furthermore, I doubt if $10 is going to deter someone who wants to rip people off for hundreds of dollars from doing so.

Everyone knows the purchase of goods over the internet is an "at your own risk" activity. Whats the big deal with someone "walking in off the streets" to sell their used parts or wheelers?? It's still benefiting people who are longtime members of the forum.

Obviously I am going to pay the $10 but I just wanted my voice to be heard that I disagree with this decision. Please don't bash me for it or anything. It doesn't change the way I see the Forum as a whole. :) I guess I will just have to work some more overtime to pay my "dues."

RJR677
(Ryan)

We are glad to hear your opinion. We did not want to make this change alone and that is why we created this thread, so everyone could have a say and cast their vote. I can definitely agree with some of your comments and some I must dispute. For example not everyone knows how to protect themselves and are not aware of "at own risk" when dealing with the Internet. These group of people do not understand why or how could something bad happen to them when trusting someone and usually look to blame somebody else for the mistakes they made. The new rules without the "walking in off the streets" sales, which a lot of users cannot differentiate the good or the bad, will be replaced by a more friendly Marketplace where members will know each other much closer and a lot less filtration for scammers will be needed.

The Forum Supporters membership will stop most of the scammers from trying rip somebody off. Just of the top of my head, I can think of 3 good reasons. First, they will have their personal information available with to us through paypal. Second, They will have no excuse to not use paypal as a form of payment (most scammers try to avoid paypal because it pretty safe agains scammers) because they must have paypal to become a Forum Supporter. Third, a scammer would not want to risk losing any money if he is not 1000% sure he will make A LOT more back. Meaning that far not everyone scam work out as they wanted to and there are plenty of places online where they can try to scam someone risk-free for them.

This will not make the Marketplace 100% secure (even using e-bay does not guarantee it) but it will sure make it much safer then it is right now.

The ability to buy or sell anywhere, is more of a privilege then a right and you have to earn it.

Will this prevent noobs form posting in the threads or just from starting threads.

Yes, this will also prevent unqualified members from posting in in the threads.

I think you should also require that a for sale item MUST have a price listed like many other forums do.