Wally Lights Install *tons of pics*

are you sure you got the right ones? As long as the bases are the same they should have worked, If not you could have a faulty bulb.

yes i'm sure they plugged right in and i did all the wiring and made sure it was good then i fired it up and turned on the lights and they both flashed and we couldn't get them to turn back on

Umm no cause i put the 12 volt bulbs that came in it in and they work fine they just are too high in wattage. They are all 12 volt and would all blow out. O and fyi you can't blow out led's

You can blow out LED's. In fact, they are a tighter tolerance for voltage than a standard incandecent or halogen bulb. They won't light below a minimum voltage and you burn the wire bond above a certain voltage and those are very close to each other.

Also, the lighting circuit on a blaster (or any sort of quad without a battery) is an AC current system which works great with incandecent bulbs as they don't care which way electrons flow through the filament but probably not too well with LED's as they do. If someone had good luck with the LED bulbs, kudos. I think I'd stick with regular halogens.

well if that is the case maybe the blaster's electrical system isn't precise enough for led lights. i'll just get normal 20w ones and b good!

Well the deal is, the 20w halogen bulbs are cheap, proven, and very bright in their own right. If you're an envelope pusher, figure out what's wrong with the LED lights. If you just want to be able to use your headlights to ride at night, go with the 20w halogen bulbs

Well the deal is, the 20w halogen bulbs are cheap, proven, and very bright in their own right. If you're an envelope pusher, figure out what's wrong with the LED lights. If you just want to be able to use your headlights to ride at night, go with the 20w halogen bulbs

yea thats what i'll do. i just saw that other people did it and they were the same price as the 20w halogens so i figured why not?

A slightly different brand or setup of LED's might handle the voltage swings while the particular brand you bought just didn't. They're WAY more tempermental than halogen bulbs.

Led bulbs have almost zero resistance they actually tend to burn up the voltage regulator versus the bulb itself the electrical system is generated by the stator and starts as a/c current the rectifier changes it to 12v neg ground it's the quality of the a/c current that is the biggest problem it's a sloppy sinewave very unstable and generally is the cause of fried rectifiers ( voltage regulators )

just did this to my blaster yesterday, except the 20w bulbs blew instantly and i had to keep the 50w in the light, i just wish these lights were brighter but they get the job done

yeah get your self a regulator, but with my experiences the stock one seems to see further then the two after market ones, but i think its more about placement. the stock ones are up high on the handle bars and i put mine below my fenders and they just dont seem to see as far. im running one 50w right now. surprisingly i hooked up a 50 and a 20 and both worked, sure they werent as bright but they still lit up and were fairly bright.

Re: Wally Lights Install

Great job on the how-to. My blaster came without any lights and i almost bought the stocker but it looks square and ugly. Then i saw this and went out and bought the wally lights today. Thanks!!

(2) 20 watters at night

IMG_0337.jpg

I have them I'm gonna get a single 55 watt light I was out in the dunes at night on the blasty this week and the 20 watter bulbs can't cut it plus one rattled loose and lost the bezel IMO don't use them

I have them I'm gonna get a single 55 watt light I was out in the dunes at night on the blasty this week and the 20 watter bulbs can't cut it plus one rattled loose and lost the bezel IMO don't use them

How are they not bright enough?? They seem like they should throw a pretty good beam.

So i went to wal-mart today and looked at these lights. I opened them up and saw all the wires and such and noticed that it came with its own on/off switch. I was wondering with that switch does that eliminate the stock low beam high beam main switch on the handlebar?