Video Editing Software....Go Pro

007blaster

Dec 12, 2011
Northern Michigan
I have been using Corel Videostudio Pro X 4 for a little over a year now with my go pro and seems to suit me pretty well. I have never taken any video editing classes(wish I would have) but Im slowing finding my way around. Anyone else on here edit their own videos and what software are you using?
Id like to get Adobe After Effects but I cannot bring myself to justify paying for it. Subscription alone is too much for what I am using it for.

I just use windows movie maker and I'm happy with how my videos have turned out! Check them out and let me know what ya think, links in my signature!

i use windows movie maker, cause i have it and i dont want to look for/buy anything :)
and i like the gopro alot i have the HERO3

I originally was using windows movie maker cause it's free.I myself could not stand it.I had to manipulate it to do basic tasks.I got fed up and finally got sony vegas 11. I like it alot.It took me a bit to get used to it.I played around with it,watched other tutorial vids,etc and got it down pretty good.I actually enjoy making vids now.I wish I would have done a class or two on video editing but oh well.I just mess around and learn.lol

I originally was using windows movie maker cause it's free.I myself could not stand it.I had to manipulate it to do basic tasks.I got fed up and finally got sony vegas 11. I like it alot.It took me a bit to get used to it.I played around with it,watched other tutorial vids,etc and got it down pretty good.I actually enjoy making vids now.I wish I would have done a class or two on video editing but oh well.I just mess around and learn.lol

i was too advance for my class :p lol but i just finished one. the teach wants me in eaither his tv production/morning show or his Honors or AP class. so next year ima do that

i took video making class 1&2 and we used mac's in there so im great with imovie, but i dont have the money for a mac and i dont need a new laptop anyway as i got mine this past summer

i use sony vegas 9 and 10. (9 on my home, 10 in the studio)

i havent been editing videos for awhile, as we were taking a break. but otherwise vegas is the way to go

I use Windows Movie Maker. Use the 720hd on your camera. It makes editing, uploading, downloading alot faster.
1080 is nice but there really isn't much difference in quality.

Windows movie maker, as gizzy said, iMovie would be great, but who has the money for that?? Time to start running hackintosh lol

The 720 vs 1080 argument has been all over the internet. They really aren't that different. Look at a good 720 LCD TV then a 1080 one.
Do you really notice a great deal of difference? The sound isn't any better either.
That's all I'm gonna say sir.
For me working with my piddly 4 wheeler videos 720 is faster and easier to deal with.

The 720 vs 1080 argument has been all over the internet. They really aren't that different. Look at a good 720 LCD TV then a 1080 one.
Do you really notice a great deal of difference? The sound isn't any better either.
That's all I'm gonna say sir.
For me working with my piddly 4 wheeler videos 720 is faster and easier to deal with.

lol just sayin. between 720 and 1080, where you are going to b able to tell the difference is on the size of the screen. on a bigger screen, say 60" 720 will look like S^it. but 1080 will be nicer because of the higher pixel density. and yes you can put a 720 and 1080 next to eachother and the 1080 might look the same, becasue maybe the 720, has a higher pixel density then normal or the 1080 has a lower one then normal. on tv's the dpi is about 200 b/c of how far you are from it. say as on computer monitors, its about 250-270, and some phones are 300-400 dpi. my tv is about 220 dpi, my computer is about 270 dpi, and my phone is 360dpi. and there all 720p. guess which screen looks the best as in sharpness? MY PHONE!!!!!! and thats because of the higher pixel density. my tv is 39'' my computer is 14'' and my phone is 3.2'' so high resolution and high dpi in small as possible screen= great sharpnees and clarity. as of color, all my screens are LCD, but my tv looks best, then my phone and computer tie.