The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

Burning.

51a0a50e02e617de62c89d4e282883063ddbe545b6bb242da2e24f39f8ecf92b.jpg

Well the ceiling fan is up, and been running for a week straight now. I'm thinking I will get a new axle for it. You can see the axle nut going in a tiny circle when it is running, so it's got just a very slight bend. I can hear a kinda low frequency vibration noise standing in one spot in the room, and I think that's the cause. I was also thinking about trying to find some needle bearings for the top of thecarrier. The stock ones will probably work fine for a long time, but they're not designed exactly for the force I'm putting on them. If I could find bearings with the races tapered, where the bearings are (not sure if there's a special name for those), it would also be a little safer if the bearings fail
IMG_20170211_143753563_HDR.jpg

Umm the Patriots played the Falcons in the Super Bowl? Wow what were you smoking during the game? lol :p
Nothing as good as those PA "coal" rocks you guys are smoking. I didn't realize they were playing the falcons. I was to busy watching the PA sports reports crying and complaining they got beat and we are cheaters.

Well the ceiling fan is up, and been running for a week straight now. I'm thinking I will get a new axle for it. You can see the axle nut going in a tiny circle when it is running, so it's got just a very slight bend. I can hear a kinda low frequency vibration noise standing in one spot in the room, and I think that's the cause. I was also thinking about trying to find some needle bearings for the top of thecarrier. The stock ones will probably work fine for a long time, but they're not designed exactly for the force I'm putting on them. If I could find bearings with the races tapered, where the bearings are (not sure if there's a special name for those), it would also be a little safer if the bearings fail
View attachment 29898

hehe nice lights. Where is the video of the fan running :D

Don't be scared. I'm pretty confident in it. It's been running for a week straight now, and all is well. Still don't like the little wobble from the axle, u can see it towards the end of the vid. It does it without the fan head on there so it's gotta be the axle is slightly bent. Im not sure about buying another one tho, because how can anyone gaurantee a used one is perfect, and I really don't want a new one. Worked on my counter tops today, reclaimed wormy chestnut . I'm excited, I didn't think I had enough to do it. So far everything in The house is wood except 3 walls in each bedroom. And all the wood was free, some cost me time to remove, some I got paid to remove. I'll post some more pics and videos to my "build" thread sometime. Still quite a few months away from being done tho

Reactions: speedyslyder
Off to Armageddon Expo tomorrow. :) Lots of anime, movies, cosplay and comic stuff oh and computer gear. Hope I don't have a nerdgasm.

cant wait till 18 inches of snow falls over her for the next 2 days.
prepped my crappy snowblower today.
im betting my back and shovel wins though:mad:
it broke one of the shear pins last time i used it had 1 spare fixed that.
it definitely needs some bearings/ springs and new belts im realllllly interested in fixing it:eek:

/\ this this has been beat by yours truly engine still purrs like a kitten lol.
impeller auger has seen the woods/never mind asphalt or concrete dont ask lol:oops: