Reving higher when hot??

04Monster

Aug 24, 2009
Ontario
I drove the quad today for like 1 hr straight most were long straight aways wide open. When i stopped the quad was idleing alot higher/louder.

What would cause that. Everything else seemed fine.

Im not sure i haven't set anything yet its how i got it.

I mixed my first tank of gas today 89 Octane fuel, 32:1 mixed with Amsoil 2 Stroke synthetic

Im not sure i haven't set anything yet its how i got it.

I mixed my first tank of gas today 89 Octane fuel, 32:1 mixed with Amsoil 2 Stroke synthetic

it sounds like you have not changed any settings on your card. so you probably just worked it a little hard and it needed some time to cool down. after you get done riding hard you should ride it around for a few minutes letting it cool down. generally i do this for a few minutes and i try not to load the engine while riding at less than 1/4 throttle blipping it occasionally. i started doing this after my blaster did the same thing as yours. i also switched to 110 octane race fuel after my experience with lower octane pump fuel.

or maybe an air leak as the cylinder gets hot and expands, base /head gasket, cheack the head and base bolt torque's, but dont over torque and break 'em

89 Octane good or should it be higher?

i would run the best you can afford. when you add oil to gas it lowers the octane. my manual says to use premium (91 or above) fuel and i only noticed this when i was looking for some info. previously i was using mid-grade 89 octane like you. however, i had already switched to 110 leaded race fuel and am in love with how my blaster now runs. it is overkill but my blaster will run all weekend on 6 gallons of premix.

Ill try 91 next, and see. I mixed 10 liters of fuel and 312.5ML of oil to it. So it should be good unless there's more done to this quad performance wise?

yes, you should be fine. make sure that you check for air leaks like awk said and you will be fine. just give the blaster a couple of easy minutes after hard runs so that it can cool down and keep using good oil.

Im using Amsoil synthetic 2 stroke oil.hp injector. Says on back Recommended for TC-W3 and API-TC applications as injector oil or as 50:1 pre mix.

Hey burnin' oil, does your blaster really go that good on fuel? I use 91 octane with ams oil synthetic, and i chug gas, two days at little sahara utah, and i went through about 7 gallons premix