need help with 400ex shock.

yup.... well i ordered eeverything and got my nuts and bolts and washers..... so all i have to do now is wait for everything in mail, clean the shock, and drill out the bushings and shock.... weel see hows it goessss :)

I got my shock in the mail! yay! the first pic is it before i cleaned it. now all i have to do is drill out the bushings and bottom of the shock

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!ocE63(m!7(8BPDgPJygzQ~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!ocE63(m!7(8BPDgPJygzQ~~60_12.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 276
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 244
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 273
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 220
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 242
I got my shock in the mail! yay! the first pic is it before i cleaned it. now all i have to do is drill out the bushings and bottom of the shock

What is the reason for drilling out the bottom shock ears??

I didn't have to do that on my 400ex.

Make sure you post pics of before and after your drill it out..

yea defientyl, but im doing it in my skool, so i wont have pics of me auctally doing it.

no the bottom where it bolts to the swing arm. i dont feel like buying busings for that, so i will just drill it out. and its stronger if i do.

no, no, no lol only on the bottom of the shock, so i can use the stock bolt that went through there. itsjust eaiser and stronger than buying bushings to fit it

Isn't that what i said above?? I guess maybe my terminology is wrong then... I understand however, maybe my shock came pre-drilled??? I had to do no drilling at all.

Isn't that what i said above?? I guess maybe my terminology is wrong then... I understand however, maybe my shock came pre-drilled??? I had to do no drilling at all.

yea maybe.... but the stock 400ex hole is 10mm, and the blaster is 12mm, and in Ken's video, he did the same, and drilled it out. maybe when u bought ur's, the guy had it on a blaster.