need help with 400ex shock.

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
hi im wondering how to get the 400ex shock into the blaster. i know everything except, i need to know the stock bolt size in diameter, so i can get the rite bushings. i dont reallty want to buy kens bushings cause 25 dollars is kinda insane for those and a bolt. so if anyone can tell me the size of the stock bolt, that would b awesome!

I think $25 is a good price to save all the hassle of looking around to find the right parts to make it work the right way. Ken is not reselling something he found in a hardware store. He designed and made them.

yeah, thats crazy, for someone to set up a lathe to make those parts specifically, pay his man to stand there and make them bushings, tying up that lathe for hours he could be machining other bigger priced items
package them up with the bolt/nut needed, then run to the post office to ship them to you for $25, all to make it a 5 minute shock intallation for you.
just insane i tell ya !
not sure how or why he's sold hundreds sets worlwide ????

you could always run down the local surplus house and get plastic ones that may last one season, unless you only ride 3 times a year

Last edited:
you cannot buy what ken makes, or he wouldn't make them

Then just go to mcmastercarr.com and buy them, why are u asking for help when you already know what you are going to do. I just purchased a set from Ken, and I could have made them my self at my friends machine shop, but for $25 its not worth my time to make them.

I'm thankful that Ken makes and sells them. They saved me a lot of time looking and I know with Ken's bushings, the shock is mounted correctly .

for the stock bolt?

yes, for the stock bolt, it is a 12mm,
the 400ex takes a 10mm
so the holes in the frame mount are 12mm, and you need to bush that down to 10mm, to accept the ex's 10mm bolt

i know. im srry bout that. but i like to make my stuff too. idk y, but for somereason, i would rather put parts tgether than buy a kit. idk its just me.
so what size is the top bolt? 12 or 14mm?

Here you go dude. OD = 1.00" X .192
Step = .562 X .290
Hole = 10 mm
Material is 1018
Please let me know what the McMaster part number is and how much they cost. These things my not be worth the effort.

Thanks

This is just thread size- doesn't have actual non threaded dimensions-

2ebc0781.jpg