My first Blaster MX build!

Thanks! They are AC Racing Blacklines for the KLX or Z400. I custom made mounts to put them on the Blaster frame. Including welding the front mounts to the frame. They go for about $300 or so new. I got mine on ebay for $150, they were blems, but they work fine for my application after a little tweaking. I also had to mod my kickstarter, because I moved my peg location down and back 1.5".

damn thats a good deal lol i like them alot. quad looks nice tho man for sure

Hey guys. I know I am taking entirely too long on this, but I wanna make sure it is right. I got a dyno date friday. So it will be done by then. It is really coming out great. I am really impressed with myself today. The work is finally taking shape.

WOW those filters are a huge differance, now you got me thinking. LOL Is thaat filter from a car intake??

It is a universal application from K&N. I went on Jeg's website, and simply found the biggest 5" filter I could fit in the box I made, and still have room for air to flow into it. The real magic has been on the tube portion between the carb, and the box. It is coming out awesome. It's starting to look less like a bunch of composite crap, and more like a work of art. I have ported the inside, it is all smooth, and fluid. No kinks, no sharp edges, just flowing smooth composite. It fits in the chassis brilliantly. I am really proud of my work so far, but until it has the final cosmetic layer of carbon fiber there will be no pics. Be patient guys the wait will be worth it.

its kinda like my apc filter, this is also a 5" fliter

100_3029.jpg

That is awesome Freek! I love it, do you have anymore pics? What did you make it out of, fiberglass? I hope this migraine goes away soon. I want to work on my airbox after work, but I am extremely disoriented, and feel like crap.

migraines suck bro, but yea heres some more pics for ya, me and batt cut out the whole box and fiberglassed it back in place backwards and cutout the hole and filled it in with plexiglass with the tiny screws holding it in place

100_3033.jpg

100_3040.jpg

100_3036.jpg

That is sweet man. :thumbsup: for doing it up custom. I took 3 Excedrin, they got the migraine somewhat manageable. Then the pipe of mids made it subside to an almost nonexistent level. Where would be without old mary? I got another coat on. I may take a pic of it so far after it drys. There is no CF on it yet, just fiberglass. I am going to do the whole shape out of fiberglass, then sand it down till it is really light, then wrap it and resin it with carbon fiber. It's looking really good at this point. I am glad I am taking my time, and doing it this way. Buying an airbox is just way too easy.

come on lol......we dont care if you get the last layer of carbon fiber on it....

we just want pichers!!!!!!

I showed the prototype box to my friend today. I showed it to him, and he was all impressed that I made it. Then I told it it was for my quad and he started laughing. He said he thought it was for my car, and that it looked way too overkill. I said yeah that was what I was going for. It is completely shaped now. I am on my last layer of glass. One more sand process then the Carbon Fiber gets laid. Every step that goes past, I get more and more impressed. It is coming out to be quite a work of art. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but I have never built anything from scratch like this other than speaker boxes. For my first attempt I think it is coming out damn good. I was supposed to get it dynoed today, but I pushed it back a few more days, until I can have it complete. I also got my silicone carb adapter boot in today. So everything is here, it is time to get it done.

That air filter setup looks sweet freek. Makes me want to do it to mine. How hard is it to work with fiberglass? I have no experience with it.

fiberglass sucks bro lol, sticky messy stinky slop, but u can make anything outta it, that was the first ones me and batt did, but could be upgraded better

and bart i wanna see this thing man, sounds like ur pretty happy with how its coming out, and always remember thats all that should matter!!!