My 250R Fooler Collection

250x

May 19, 2010
250x.webs.com
JonS, has asked me for pictures of my R's. I have a rather unique and sizeable collection of them at this point, that probably will continue to grow as I get them restored 1 x 1. Please be patient with me for photo's, not all are assembled at this moment, most are boxed for Complete restoration, however I can still give highlight into my ATC obsession with the ones that are together, and others to show the magnitude of the boxes and boxes and boxes of parts and frames.

I will begine this one with the #1 priority in my collection...The White and Blue Mugen500. Originally a 1982 Fooler. The picture wioll be from when I picked it up, to its current state in the restoration.

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

001.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

005.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

403855_279990548728030_100001512610039_782391_1711765571_n.j%20pg

425290_300280643365687_100001512610039_824161_1972572202_n.jpg

013.JPG

031.JPG

and the monster for the engine...

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

033.JPG

I am only waiting on 1 or two things to make it a full roller. I do need to get the Mugen kit refinished to match the machine now, mild portwork, flowbenched etc etc. I will post more when that stage gets here.

(now onto next machine) lol

Next Fooler in collection.

This one is a recent pickup, and I have done nothing to it yet in the way of resto...but soon.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Turns out, this is the Mugen 360 kit engine. Which is now ready for restoration. NASA axle, and the last picture you see is the rare DG Performance head for a typical vintage 250r engine. This piece will be restored and added to one of the R's eventually.

I picked this one up out of Medina, swapped for my 200x.
1984_250r.jpg

and resto began
002.JPG

003.JPG

and last one ill post up for now as I have family coming in from IL today and need to get my rear in gear to get the house picked up..lol

this is the one Mike (Bummer) and I went to pick up.

downsized_0324121901.jpg

I need a better shot of this one with my camera...it actually is SUPER SUPER clean. my camera on my phone sucked so you get a yellow hazed picture..lol

flipping sweet! thanks haha. i am crazy for these atc's even though i don't have one atm. do you only mess with the air foolers or you have the 85-86's too?

Awww man that Mugan is the tits! I grew up on a 3 wheelers but haven't riden one in about 20 years.
Im hoping someone from 3WW will let me swing a leg over on at Busco.

Awww man that Mugan is the tits! I grew up on a 3 wheelers but haven't riden one in about 20 years.
Im hoping someone from 3WW will let me swing a leg over on at Busco.

Ill let you swing a leg over on my t3 at busco.I:I

Nice collection of R's. Nice to see someon keeping them alive and running.

JonS, I prefer the Foolers over the liquids...just something about them I fancy more than the 85/86 Liquids. This only barely touched the collection guys, I have 19 of them total, a bunch are basket cases, but that fine, they would be ground up restored anyways so less work for me.

Prime? I assume you know me, which is awesome, but how about telling me who you are..lol And the trikes are no longer on the table, I use that as a starting point for the majority of the work so I can sit comfortably and assemble them. I actually fully assemble them, minus the rear axle, in the mudroom/smoking room/collect everydang thing in my way room. (which is nice and organized as of now, for today anyways..lol

Being able to strip/prep and powdercoat here makes things SOOO much nicer for me on restoring them..lol

Paulie, thats not the only Mugen I possess... I also have a 460 top end and a complete 5 spd Mugen 360 motor, which I will say...liquid R's better get out the way, its absolutely insane fast. Flipable in everygear. 3 runs at 300 feet (speed only, had no way to record time, radar by a buddy who owns the strip and is a sherriff.
run 1 - 86mph
run 2 - 84mph
run 3 - 83mph
I was still way rich on the jetting, was trying to dial it in more. I am hoping the next time i hit the strip with a radar I can break 90 on my lil ole 30yr old fooler...lol

250x and Prime how about the two of you finishing a build and the three of us go tear it up at the gravel pits.

Sounds good to me! I should be painting my frame tomorrow after work, then assembling after the paint cures. Going to send you a PM too.

I have 19 of them total, a bunch are basket cases, but that fine, they would be ground up restored anyways so less work for me.

thats quite the addiction you have there, ever consider seeking professional help ?? LOL I:I

very nice resto's you're doing !!!!