Modified factory body

Like the moded panels?

• Total voters
I like the cut plastics. I also have a set of bear claws like that and man do they rip sh*t up!
As far as the plastic coating. Out of the bunch I like 'future' because it's hi gloss. You will have to re-do it maybe once a year. Also do not get carb-cleaner or brake cleaner on it. Those products will remove it almost instantly.

I like the cut plastics. I also have a set of bear claws like that and man do they rip sh*t up!
As far as the plastic coating. Out of the bunch I like 'future' because it's hi gloss. You will have to re-do it maybe once a year. Also do not get carb-cleaner or brake cleaner on it. Those products will remove it almost instantly.

When you had that picture in your sig of them on your ride I said I have to get a pair. I knew you where running them with your 400. So I was worried that it would bog the blaster motor down since there 25pounds a tire. But it wasn't that bad and I kept up with Franks blaster. I agree with them ripping everything up. I went on my lawn when it had 4" of snow and ripped up everything including the grass=))

Yeah man in areas of mud where my old tamers would get stuck, with the bear claws I was pullin wheelies I:I

I like the front cuts but not a big fan of the rear cuts.But all that matters is that you like it.Good job.keep us posted.

I like the front cuts but not a big fan of the rear cuts.But all that matters is that you like it.Good job.keep us posted.

I first just made the back narrower by cutting out that little lip that makes it wider. But I couldn't stop there. That heel guard crap on the right side made me nuts so thats why I made the aggresive angle cuts on the back to get rid of it. After I start fixing up the panels later this week I'll put up more photos with different angles. In different angles the back looks really good and the fronts look great in any angle to me.

I finally got time to work on the panels. I think I'm going to use spray paint =)). When I used the mop and glo on a small part it looked good, but doing one large area I wasn't crazy with the results. Looked to glossy to me and it didn't get rid of small imperfections my lazy ass didn't feel like getting rid of to begin with. You really have to get the plastic perfect if your going to use mop and glo.

I'm going to look into what specialized7 was saying about using paint. I'll keep the red panels red and the black ones black.

Haha I use mop n glo also. It even blends in the scratches. When I put my decals on that stuff would barely come off, had to use carb cleaner, so it holds pretty well.

I forgot the other problem. When I removed the rear factory blaster stickers on the rear fenders there is some really bad sun damage. I sanded away for a while using every kind of steel wool grade and ended up using sanding paper and still the sun damage remains. I figure paint is my last resort.

HAHA, that's how I felt. I think I would have to belt sand it to get it off.

I don't know if any of you have worked with this stuff, but I'm going to give it a try. Most be some very flexible stuff (used on seats and shifter boots). I've been told its not a paint, it actually gets absorbed into the plastic. I'll test it out and let you all know what I think when I get it.

I notice they make tuner colors. Might get those colors for the insane horsepower boost!!!

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

i had the same prob with mine when i took the stickers off, and paint was the only thing that hid it all

How does your paint hold up? Did you prime first then use the special plastic spray paint stuff? I'm starting to wonder if that duplicolor stuff I was thinking of using would not cover up the scratches as well. I'm going to go to my local paint shop and ask what he thinks I should do this week.

IMO nothing is gonna hide scratches that well. If you keep adding coats to finally cover them then the paint get too thick to be durable and ends up flaking or scratching real easy.

i sanded my tank cover with 150 and 200 grit then painted 2 coats of krylon fushion then 4 coats of clear and it is holding upreally good, not even a scratch on it or crack or paint chip

I'm going to go with what you guys are saying...

150 and 200 grit then paint 2 coats of krylon fushion then 4 coats of clear

I'll put up photos when its done.