Modified factory body

Like the moded panels?

• Total voters

LoneWolfNY

Dec 30, 2008
Long Island NY
Since my ride will be down for a little I figured I would start working on other things in the mean time. I started today with the body panels. Since the factory ones weren't in that bad of shape I figured I'd try to make them more my style to save some money for the motor build. Here's what I came up with.

BTW-> I started sanding all the panels so that's why they don't look glossy anymore. The paint scheme will be all flat colors (no gloss) olive drab,black and brown. I do also like the red and black. But I'm still leaning towards my first choice.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

So what do you think?

imo, tan, light brown, and dark green would look good, (desert camo) yes i can see u were trying for camo

nice cuts, i like those. and you have some monster rear tires on there!!!

LOL... I figure I should start stock piling clutch packs. Those tires weight 25 pounds each. I was surprised that it was as quick as it was. Those will actually only be used during the winter months. I plan on getting Douglas rims (10inch rims front and back) and Holeshot Hd's (22 front 20 rear) all around for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the heads up on the mop and glo. If I decide to keep it red and black its good to know I can clean them up really good.

LOL... I figure I should start stock piling clutch packs. Those tires weight 25 pounds each. I was surprised that it was as quick as it was. Those will actually only be used during the winter months. I plan on getting Douglas rims (10inch rims front and back) and Holeshot Hd's (22 front 20 rear) all around for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the heads up on the mop and glo. If I decide to keep it red and black its good to know I can clean them up really good.

yea try it you wont regret it..

WOW, you wheren't kidding about mop and glo Mr. 305. I practiced on a part I cut off. A buddy of mine told me painting plastic that will flex will make for a nightmare (will have to re-touch) since it will loosen up and flack. I wanted to do the panels in olive green and the frame black, but since this came out good I decided to go with the black and red theme.

WOW, you wheren't kidding about mop and glo Mr. 305. I practiced on a part I cut off. A buddy of mine told me painting plastic that will flex will make for a nightmare (will have to re-touch) since it will loosen up and flack. I wanted to do the panels in olive green and the frame black, but since this came out good I decided to go with the black and red theme.

told you.. it really works good. you should paint it on with a foam brush. thats how i did mine..

I threw out the part since it was scrape and I was just wondering how it would look (did it fast). As for as how I did it, I'm at work and saved the link at my house. But it was the link on the atv web site where Paulie B showed his atv build and the one part where he explained it in detail how he did it.. With the wet sanding, steel wool, foam brush, ect ect.

When I do it for real I'll take before and after photos for anyone interested in the difference.