little to no smoke coming out the exhaust??

lol im learing as i go too. im on myfirst top end so far and i got it bored over back in june

Yoy need to jet for the new pipe, you will need to be considerbly richer.

The reason for reduced smoke is probably you are running too lean.

What carb is it you are running. I am only familiar with Mikuni carbs and I would start with a #270 - #280 main ,needle on the middle clip, and do plug chops until you get it right.

but on your main topic most running good blasters will have a little smoke from a cold start but clear right up after warming up and you'll will see little to no smoke and if you do its a hazy blue smoke

lol danm that seems like alot. pretty costly repairs. when i got my jug ported they honed the cyliner and said everything was fine bc i wanna get the most out of my topend. how long have you been riding?

Yoy need to jet for the new pipe, you will need to be considerbly richer.

The reason for reduced smoke is probably you are running too lean.

What carb is it you are running. I am only familiar with Mikuni carbs and I would start with a #270 - #280 main ,needle on the middle clip, and do plug chops until you get it right.

its a 34 or 35mm keihin carb idk the exact size just know its a 34 or 35 bc its too big to fit in stock boots

lol danm that seems like alot. pretty costly repairs. when i got my jug ported they honed the cyliner and said everything was fine bc i wanna get the most out of my topend. how long have you been riding?

I have been riding almost 2 years just a newbie to it all and I'm 38yrs old LOL me and boss got in to it together and we have been destroying motors ever since LMFAO.....we drink beer go riding and break stuff LOLI:I

Hell my ole lady had her 11yr old daughter shifting and riding her blaster at Busco's beach keep in mind she was on the back holding the bars with her

i only have my one blaster that i baught for 200 buck and had to pretty much rebuild it from the ground up

idk the pilot size in the carb bc i couldnt find it anywhere but the main jet is a 155. is that stock in a keihin 35mm carb??

thats a huge jet for your mods.. i only run a 160 main in my bbk. od u have a leakdown tester? if not u can start it and while it is idleing spray carb cleaner all over the gasket surfaces, like the reed cage, cylinder base, ect.. if it bogs out then u are sucking major air. also carb cleaner is NOT a aacceptable substitute for a leakdown test but better than nothing..

is it? do you know where i should start with the jetting? i dont believe its sucking air it runs fine and starts up in 1 to 2 kicks

If it seems to be running fine with such a big main jet, it would pay to do a leak down test before you do anything else.

There is a fair to middling chance that you have an air leak somewhere, if you do it could mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: super noober