little to no smoke coming out the exhaust??

choda1991

Sep 16, 2011
hey guys i was just had a question about my exhaust. i just put a full fmf exhaust and a 34 or 35mm carb on it and now when i start it their is little to no smoke coming you the ehxaust. i do 32:1 premix in the tank but b4 i put thos mods on it would smoke like alot at idle and little at full throttle. is this normal or jetting wrong in the new carb??

hey guys i was just had a question about my exhaust. i just put a full fmf exhaust and a 34 or 35mm carb on it and now when i start it their is little to no smoke coming you the ehxaust. i do 32:1 premix in the tank but b4 i put thos mods on it would smoke like alot at idle and little at full throttle. is this normal or jetting wrong in the new carb??

there coulda been oil in the qxpansion pipe makeing it smoke more put a vid up of it now. lets shee how little it smokes

i cant put a video up right now bc its too dark out to see and i dont have a garage to pull it into. but i will when i can. my biggest consern was it not getting oil and it blowin up my motor

i cant put a video up right now bc its too dark out to see and i dont have a garage to pull it into. but i will when i can. my biggest consern was it not getting oil and it blowin up my motor

yea. mine ran lean due to improper jetting for the cold i dropped 20 or so one i was rideing and it leaned out and detonated and only after 2 day on a new top end. now im in the hole cracked the sleeve and have to find a jug. but the packing coulda had un burned oil mine didnt smoke alot but it did. and thats all that mattered to me is its smokeing

oh. so it should be getting oil right? cuz the oil is mixed with the gas. the best thing to do is a plug chop i guess

do a plug chop make sure your not running to lean .....I just went through this running a stock topend with a 34mm carb and I was running way rich, just do a plug chop and tell us the color

the way i understand jetting is that if the electrode on the plug is black then its rich and needs to go down a jet size and if it is white then im lean and need to go up a jet size right?? and a brownish moca color is where i wanna be at??

the way i understand jetting is that if the electrode on the plug is black then its rich and needs to go down a jet size and if it is white then im lean and need to go up a jet size right?? and a brownish moca color is where i wanna be at??

brownish moca if its white your running lean and its detonating on the plug

idk the pilot size in the carb bc i couldnt find it anywhere but the main jet is a 155. is that stock in a keihin 35mm carb??

i took the piolet jet out i just couldnt find any markings stamped on it. bc b4 i installed it i took it all apart and cleaned it bc i didnt know where its been

do you think that size carb is bad for my motor? my mods are its bored.60 over and ported for trail riding with fmf gold series fatty with powecore 2 silencer 2 stage carbon fiber reeds with stock filter with air box lid off and some weird reed cage ive never seen before so i put it on the bike.

no it ran fine. i only ran it for about 5 minutes bc i didnt wanna hurt the top end with little smoke coming out the exhaust. when i first started it with the new carb i had to adjust the idle bc it was so low it would die unless i was hitting the throttle.