Injector Block-off (clean) for $3

I don't get it. Why make anything? I love to fab stuff but in this case, why not just use the existing pump housing and be done with it?

Weight reduction!!!

Actually i considered that method but thought it was a little ghetto when i could make a plate and fill it in with epoxy on the other side and it look professional.

Im just not digging plugged lines and all that jazz no offense but it just IMHO looks half assed.But to each their own.

Weight reduction!!!

rofl.gif

Actually i considered that method but thought it was a little ghetto when i could make a plate and fill it in with epoxy on the other side and it look professional.

Im just not digging plugged lines and all that jazz no offense but it just IMHO looks half assed. But to each their own.

No offense taken. I'd consider it ghetto too if it were visible or sloppy. but it's just clean and quick with no external signs of it if done properly. Completely professional, you're using the existing body and vacuum tube block-offs (or plugged lines) to clean up the enclosed pump. Like you said, to each their own.

This is one great thread i got my blaster just a few days ago now the oil tank is not there so i am hoping the block off was done proper i have looked at the pics so going to match it up to the quad hoping some time today if the bad weather holds off just i dont know much about the blaster i got and the owner who i got it off did not know much about it him self so no help there so the history of the blaster is nill and its making my life harder to find what things have been done to it and what has not.

many thanks

Ray

Well not so good news the block off has not been done proper the carb has been blocked off in a fashion and were the case is were you got the rubber bit one pipe is there and i think there was one more ? and were it was there is now a open hole in the rubber !

If the pump is removed the hole must be blocked.

Removing the plastic gear is all you need to do, it stops the pump turning.

Block off the nipple on the carb with a cap and sealant and all will be sweet.

If the pump is removed the hole must be blocked.

Removing the plastic gear is all you need to do, it stops the pump turning.

Block off the nipple on the carb with a cap and sealant and all will be sweet.

What hole mate ? what is the point in keeping a dead pump in there if there is no purpose for it any longer

cheers ray

The hole that is left when you remove the pump, the dead pump can be left in there, all you gain by removing it is weight reduction, besides a block off plate costs money.

If you have no need for the pump, leave it there to save fitting the block off plate.

The hole that is left when you remove the pump, the dead pump can be left in there, all you gain by removing it is weight reduction, besides a block off plate costs money.

If you have no need for the pump, leave it there to save fitting the block off plate.

ah right got you i just leave it there then i still need to seal up the rubber bit were the pipes used to come out of on the out side of the case

Got some Vacuum Tube Block-offs yesterday at Auto Zone...

VacuumTubeCaps.jpg

I'll post the pics of them installed on the pump and the white gear removal from inside of the Clutch cover. It's gonna be a few days though, since I gotta put the engine back in the frame to get the kick-starter nut off. to remove the clutch cover. It's WAY too tight for me to remove with the motor on the bench. X(

what size vacuum caps am looking for ?? all so the one to plug off the carb to

cheers ray

I removed all the piping and siliconed a patch to the inside of the case where they came through, works for me and no pipes to flap in the breeze.

From memory you need a 3/16 cap for the carby.

Looks like your questions have been answered. The block-off on the carb nipple is a miust or you'll get air leaking into your carb and it will be impossible to jet correctly.

The pump body can be left on to save you the $ buying a block-off plate. If you read through this thread, you can see the pros and cons of taking the plastic gear off the inside or the ring gear out of the pump. My suggestion is don't take the clutch side off just for this. Take the ring gear out of the pump and block the tubes going in and out of the cover just to be neat and keep dirt out of there.

If you get the vacuum tube block-off assortment (pennies) at an auto parts store, you'll have all the block-off sizes you'll need.

Best of luck to you on your new Blaster!

I put a nipple on carb threw pump in the spare parts box and plugged the holes in case with button head pins. Its not leaking any trans oil and has 650 ml.

It passed the leak test well

What is the hole blaster is talking about ?

Last edited: