Injector Block-off (clean) for $3

Muggzy

Jul 11, 2010
Orange Co., NY
There are several Oil injector delete How to's on this forum. Some say little more than "Just cut the hoses and be done with it" Others require you to buy a $35 plate and gasket. I'm too cheap and would rather spend my money on more worthy parts/mods. But I also like a clean, finished job that I can rely on to be trouble free in the future. This method doesn't even require you to open the lower end. Just drain your transmission (bolt on the bottom of your engine :) and the Yamagoop from the oil tank. remove the tank and throw it away

Before you start, get a $3 tube of Black silicone caulking from any hardware store or home center. Then pull the hoses connected to the engine off of their opposite ends (one from the Oil tank and one from the carb):

01-Take this cover off
01-Takeoffthiscover.jpg

02-Remove these two screws
02-Removethesetwoscrews.jpg

03-Pull off the oil Pump
04-PullofftheoilPump.jpg

04-Lift the retainers and pull off the tubes
05-Lifttheretainersandpulloffthetubes.jpg

05-Take out these 4 screws
08-Takeoutthese4screws.jpg

06-seperate the 2 halves
09-seperatethetwohalves.jpg

07-Gently take off the gear and carrier
10-Gentlytakeoffthegearandcarrier.jpg

08-Take the gear off the carrier and Re-assemble
11-TakegearoffthecarrierandRe-assemble.jpg

Reactions: HawaiianBassHed
Continued...

09-Put the rubber cap back on if you took it off.
12-Puttherubbercapbackon.jpg

10- Using the tubes you removed in step 4, cut an inch from each and clean and degrease them well. Fill these pieces with Silicone to make your plugs.
13-Makeyourplugs.jpg

11- Put the filled plugs back on the pump's nipples
14-puttheplugsonthenipples.jpg

12- remount the disabled pump
16-remountthedisabledpump.jpg

13- Take the tube grommet off the cover. Fill the holes with silicone and place the grommet back on the cover.
18-fillthetubegrometandreplace.jpg

14- Put the pump cover back on on the engine. Wait 24 hours for the silicone to dry and you're good to go
sport-1.gif

20-Putthepumpcoverbackon.jpg

Hope that works for ya and sorry 'bout the picture quality. My camera crapped out so I had to use my cell phone camera to get the pics.

thats a great how to for new guys man have some rep :D, the only thing i dont like is you left the little plastic gear that is on the inside of the clutch cover, i like to remove that as well as the shaft that connects the gear to the pump. all you need to do is take the clutch cover off, flip it over and remove the gear.

great thread george

Thanks Rob! Great Ride yesterday
sport-1.gif

thats a great how to for new guys man have some rep :D,

Hey, thanks for the Reps guys
cheers.gif

the only thing i dont like is you left the little plastic gear that is on the inside of the clutch cover, i like to remove that as well as the shaft that connects the gear to the pump. all you need to do is take the clutch cover off, flip it over and remove the gear.

I suppose, but like you said, "for the new guys" and some can be squeamish about taking off the clutch cover. Btw, this method can be accomplished without draining the engine if you turn your Blaster up onto it's left side ;)

For those of you who choose to take the clutch cover off and take out the white gear from inside the clutch cover, you don't need to disassemble the oil pump too, but you should still "plug it off" as described.

OH! ALWAYS DRAIN YOUR CARBS B4 YOU RUN YOUR ENGINE AGAIN WITH YOUR PRE-MIXED FUEL (32:1 or 4ozs/gal) The amount of fuel left in the float bowls will run that engine for some time without lube. Not good
nono.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitty21
its not in the case homie, just under the clutch cover. im not talking sh*t i think what you did by taking the time to take pics is great and very generous. imo i just dont like that gear back there just free wheeling even though its probally ok. again man nice work I:I I:I

its not in the case homie, just under the clutch cover. im not talking sh*t i think what you did by taking the time to take pics is great and very generous. imo i just dont like that gear back there just free wheeling even though its probally ok. again man nice work I:I I:I

I stand corrected. It was a poor choice of words so I just fixed it. Thanks :-[

just did mine thanks for the cool tip. i went one step further though and took the clutch cover off and removed the plastic gear in there also.

Got some Vacuum Tube Block-offs yesterday at Auto Zone...

VacuumTubeCaps.jpg

I'll post the pics of them installed on the pump and the white gear removal from inside of the Clutch cover. It's gonna be a few days though, since I gotta put the engine back in the frame to get the kick-starter nut off. to remove the clutch cover. It's WAY too tight for me to remove with the motor on the bench. X(

For those of you who are wondering wtf happened to the missing pics, I can't explain it. They're still on photobucket but the links are busted so here ya go:

Oil Pump Delete pictures by Muggzy_photo - Photobucket

If you'd prefer to take out the White gear that is referenced in many other Oil pump delete how-to's here ya go:

Remove the whole clutch cover (take off the kick starter first):

445b399e.jpg

This is the white gear;
fb551d94.jpg

UPDATE NOTICE: You can either do the first gear as described OR this one. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO BOTH. ultimately, this one is probably the better one to do but only by the slimmest of margins.

ALSO: The nipple on the carb should be plugged with a vacuum tube block off and the wires from the oil tank sensor should simply be disconnected and taped so they can't ever touch the frame or each other.

Oh! and sorry for the B&W photo's. It's a new camera, wrong setting
Dogh-1.gif