Injector Block-off (clean) for $3

Hey instead of using black silicone can i use some RTV/High heat Gasket Maker i want to do it so bad but i am so sketchy and if i was to leave it oil injected in reality is there any way it can harm my quad

if i was to leave it oil injected in reality is there any way it can harm my quad

Yeah, that's why so many people do this mod. If the white plastic gear inside fails (or any part of the pump) the motor will seize without any warning. Don't forget, you'll have to mix your own - use a high quality semi or full synthetic 2-stoke oil at 32:1 (4ozs/gal).

instead of using black silicone can i use some RTV/High heat Gasket Maker

Sure, you're only using the stuff to make block-off plugs out of the existing hose ends. If the pump is disabled like the instructions show you, there's no pressure on those plugs. When I wrote this, I had the stuff laying around, but someone suggested a vacuum tube assortment from one of the auto parts stores and I think that'll be even better. The two packages will only cost you ~$3-$4.

You're basically just using the existing oil pump housing as a block-off plate. If you follow the instructions to disable the pump and take the ring gear out of it, you don't even have to take the clutch cover off (usually easy but people do run into problems esp. w/ the kick starter spring). Just turn your Blasty up on it's left side and you wont even have to drain your tranny oil. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
ok honestly i didnt read everyones comments here, but i see people discussing the plastic gear left behind inside....

my theory is: so what if its left behind and fails? whats it going to do? the pump isnt pumping so there are no engine failure consequences!

great mod..."out the box" thinking there...:)

i see people discussing the white plastic gear left behind inside....
so what if its left behind and fails? whats it going to do? the pump isnt pumping so there are no engine failure consequences!

Exactly! so long as the pump is disabled and sealed, why risk opening the clutch cover unless you're going in for other reasons? Too many people, myself included have had difficulties in one form or other opening the cover. Mostly the kick starter spring doesn't like to stay in it's retainer hole long enough to get the cover back on. Eventually, you'll have to do some maintenance on the clutch. When that's needed, then you can take that white gear out while you're in there I:I.

Last edited:
I made my own block off kit using a peice of scrap sheet metal over the hole and then i flip the clutch cover over and fill the hole with 5 min epoxy the clear two part stuff when it sets up its harder than a rock and permanent.

I have no clue what it would cost since i have all the material laying around so to me it was free but i cant see it costing much more than whatever the epoxy costs.You make make the block off plate out of anything.Hell on one i just used masking tape to cover one side and filled the hole from the other side and its holding up great its on my gf's blaster.Looks like a hazy sight plug wish i would of took pics looks like it belongs there.

I made my own block off kit using a peice of scrap sheet metal over the hole and then i flip the clutch cover over and fill the hole with 5 min epoxy the clear two part stuff when it sets up its harder than a rock and permanent.

i also just filed a piece of alluminium to shape and drilled two holes! really quick thing to do.

I don't get it. Why make anything? I love to fab stuff but in this case, why not just use the existing pump housing and be done with it?

Hey i just want to make sure i did this right all i need to do is take it all apart and only remove the Black Gear in the pump and then the thing that the gear was on goes back in right and here are a few pics
102_0913-1.jpg

102_0916-1.jpg

That's it I:I 15151515

Ok cool i put it all back together put it back on all fours then went back and checked around the black cover that covers the pump and i don't see or feel any leaks so my next step is go get some gas tomorrow then mix how many ounces of oil is t every gallon of gas it 4 per gallon right? And i will be using yamalube 2s

4 per gallon right? And i will be using yamalube 2s

If that's the regular yamaha 2 stroke oil, I'd get rid of it and buy some good semi-synthetic or full synthetic 2-stroke oil. Yamaha recommends mixing yamalube at 24:1 and I don't think it's synthetic at all. I use maxima super M at 32:1 (yeah 4oz/gal) and never had a problem.

the semi synth is actually better b/c it doesn't separate out in cold weather like many of the full synths do.

Ok thats all i have right now so what should the ratio be and this is what the website says about it its says its semi

Yamalube 2S Two Stroke Oil
Performance Two Stroke Oil A technologically advanced semi-synthetic base stock and additive system provides all-season performance and greatly reduces visible smoke.

Low Deposits Special synthetic additives significantly reduce carbon and varnish deposit buildup. That means longer engine life and greater performance over time.

All-Weather Performance 2S provides exceptional lubrication in all temperatures. A special additive maintains flow and prevents “gelling” in sub-freezing conditions, making it especially effective in snowmobiles.

Ok thats all i have right now so what should the ratio be and this is what the website says about it its says its semi

Performance Two Stroke Oil A technologically advanced semi-synthetic base stock and additive system provides all-season performance and greatly reduces visible smoke.

Low Deposits Special synthetic additives significantly reduce carbon and varnish deposit buildup. That means longer engine life and greater performance over time.

All-Weather Performance 2S provides exceptional lubrication in all temperatures. A special additive maintains flow and prevents “gelling” in sub-freezing conditions, making it especially effective in snowmobiles.

That 2s oil is good stuff, run it. It smells real bad but works real good.

Perfect! Run it @ 32:1 (4oz/gal)