How big is too big for a blaster?

paintslinga2010

Apr 7, 2007
Steelville, Mo
Ive been looking to get a blaster but everyone tells me im too big. Im 6' 150 pounds and growing. How big are you guys?

*sorry jacked up the title, i dont know how to edit it

Last edited:
15 almost sixteen, so if you come to rape me michael Jackson ill shoot you. lol Yes Im im pretty lanky, lol. I grew sh*t load, but gained no weight, so im gonna start liftin.
So how big is too big for a blaster?

I don't think you're going to be comforable on a blaster, they're just too small for someone your height. Sure, if you get different handlebars and some lower footpegs you can make it better, but it'll still be more like riding a toy instead of a quad. I'm 5'11 and 180, and I feel pretty cramped on a blaster. But see for yourself, go find one at a dealer or powersports shop and see how it feels. Move around on it, turn the bars, stand up on the pegs, and see if it works for you.

But as a side-note, regardless of if you're comfortable or not, you're still going to look like you're riding a power wheels instead of a real quad because of your size. Blasters are better sized for riders around 5'5 and smaller.

What YamaRider said; I agree 100%.
And if you are still interested in a Blaster, do as YamaRider said and hit the dealership. Thanks for noticing the avatar. I am going to change it frequently :)

im right at 6'2 and i weigh 170 adn i ride a blaster...ur not to big...i like it cuz it is so easy to handle...but its ur choice

I don't think you're going to be comforable on a blaster, they're just too small for someone your height. Sure, if you get different handlebars and some lower footpegs you can make it better, but it'll still be more like riding a toy instead of a quad. I'm 5'11 and 180, and I feel pretty cramped on a blaster. But see for yourself, go find one at a dealer or powersports shop and see how it feels. Move around on it, turn the bars, stand up on the pegs, and see if it works for you.

But as a side-note, regardless of if you're comfortable or not, you're still going to look like you're riding a power wheels instead of a real quad because of your size. Blasters are better sized for riders around 5'5 and smaller.

+1 perfectly said.

Man, that sucks, they look like fun little machines. I may still get one for the hell of it.How would they compare to a yfz? yfzs feel small to me but i kinda like it.

There really is no comparison. A blaster is a 2-stroke, low cost entry level quad designed in the 80's. They have quite a few little quirks, and performance isn't their selling point. The yfz450 is an all-out racer, refined with the newest technology and everything focused on performance. No offense to the blaster, but it's like comparing a honda civic to a lotus elise.

And if a yfz feels small to you, a blaster is gonna feel smaller, as well as unstable because they're taller, narrower, and shorter. They are fun to ride, but when you ride any quad that's not the right size for you, it wears you down real quick.

I'm 5'11 and about 160 and My blaster is tight for me. I would say someone about my size is tops for comfort level on a blaster. I have two friends 6 foot pluys and they hate the small size of the blaster.

like yamarider said, go test one out. if you can ride one that would be even better, but just sitting on one will give ya a good feel.

6'2" 245# and i have a good time on the a blaster. i think it is a little bit more about the way you ride wether you will like it or not. i do not jump mine, but i do get pretty aggressive in the trails on it.

a banshee?! people build them for duning mostly. anyway a blaster is kind of small i would say get higher handlebars or whatever quad u can buy with ur money.

w/e u do dont buy a craptor.....there definetly not woth the money....

w/e u do dont buy a craptor.....there definetly not woth the money....

That's sort of an ignorant statement if you ask me. Everybody has their opinions, but raptors are good machines. ESPECIALLY the 700r, you're getting a lot of machine for the money. And heck, you can pick up a used 660 for under $3,000, it would be hard for it to NOT be worth the money.

i agree calling a raptor a "craptor" is off the charts, have u even rode one hawkeye? if yes wut gives u the reason to call them a craptor?

a banshee?! people build them for duning mostly. anyway a blaster is kind of small i would say get higher handlebars or whatever quad u can buy with ur money.

Why not a banshee? Just because its best in the dunes doesnt mean you cant ride it anywhere else.... Ill kill 4 pokes in the woods. With a stock motor. You just need suspension and knowledge of the machine.