higher member fees or no

• yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, chat box and no support is stupid.......y should chatting be invloved with not paying to talk to people.....id dont think you should HAVE too be a supporter at all to use things........yea it would be nice if they did it, but i dont think that it should have to be required to use a place that is made to help people out...but yes its a plus and nice thing if u can support but i dont think it should be requiered(sp) to do anything.......but as far as the market place, i think the same rules that are applied now should stay how they are.....that seems to be ruuning smoothly.......JMO

Reactions: blasterdude14
Whats next YB?? Pay to post??? 5 bucks egts you 10 posts and 1 thread??? seriously dude? Not everyone has paypal, or the money to pay, i say 20 for the supporting member thats enough. BOTM is dead enough already by making it only supporters it would jsut be a section taking up space.

Exactly! Thats the worst Idea ever.

Don't worry I am sure the chat box is here to stay.If anything I would think things would stay the same as they are now and if you do support more than it is just that many more benefits for the supporter.It's only a poll to see who is willing.I am sure they understand that some can't,but for those who can it will make it better for them and the forum as a whole.But I highly doubt chat is going anywhere.

dude, chat box and no support is stupid.......y should chatting be invloved with not paying to talk to people.....id dont think you should HAVE too be a supporter at all to use things........yea it would be nice if they did it, but i dont think that it should have to be required to use a place that is made to help people out...but yes its a plus and nice thing if u can support but i dont think it should be requiered(sp) to do anything.......but as far as the market place, i think the same rules that are applied now should stay how they are.....that seems to be ruuning smoothly.......JMO
Agreed !

Whats next YB?? Pay to post??? 5 bucks egts you 10 posts and 1 thread??? seriously dude? Not everyone has paypal, or the money to pay, i say 20 for the supporting member thats enough. BOTM is dead enough already by making it only supporters it would jsut be a section taking up space.

And agreed!

Just because people have $1000s of dollars into their blasters is a weak excuse. Some people can only afford so much at a time and save up for every part on their machine. As far as taking away items on the forum, thats the worst idea ever and will probably draw members away! You just cant remove items on the forum that have been already started for non-supporting membership. $20 a year is a little high just for one subscription a year. Like said before having different levels of subscription would be cool. I know ModdedRaptor.com has different levels of membership and it offers different varieties of privileges. As far as supporting this site, its no ones business to why some people havent supported yet. I remember in one thread one person bitched to another because they werent a supporting member. Just because Im not a supporting member doesnt mean I wont be soon. I havent had the time to get around to it lately.

Its not a weak excuse IMO. If you are saving up for parts you cant just take 10.00 out of your parts fund and put it to the forum.

i have to say this forum has saved my pocket hundreds of dollars... for jetting as an example i had no idea what that was! i woulda put on that pipe and my piston would have seized my first ride! _$100 there, i like to buy used stuff! my shearer_new, $300, used $200, my airscops, new $70, used $40, my nerfs, new_$200 used $140.. my uni, new< $30 used (well not really used) $15.... to pay $10 for saving that much money is just awesome to me!!!!!!!! that all comes out to about $300 in savings

i think $20 isnt needed... ten bucks like it is.. and thoughs that can support more and want to can.. hell if somone wants to donate 100 thats fine.. me personally.. im married 2 kids, that $10 up front is a box of diapers for one of my kids, i work my ass off and spend 80 a week on fuel just to drive to work.. .. anyways this isnt a piti party for me..

keep it 10 but add the option to donate more if someone wants to..

the last 2 weeks of fatal error and database malfuncions, white screens, chat free, double posts due to site issuis isnt making the supports happy

the last 2 weeks of fatal error and database malfuncions, white screens, chat free, double posts due to site issuis isnt making the supports happy

That brings up a good point. If one is going to pay $20 the administrators need to get the site running in tip top condition and keep it that way.

That shouldnt be happening anyway though, even for the non-supporters!

It doesn't cost much to run a site like this.
Are we running into bandwidth issues?
Maybe we need to look to a different hosting company?
With member support AND sponsors, should be a net win for the site owner.

Reactions: tyler1blaster
That brings up a good point. If one is going to pay $20 the administrators need to get the site running in tip top condition and keep it that way.

That shouldnt be happening anyway though, even for the non-supporters!

im a member of many forums..... and i frequint this one, wisconsin street dominators and chitown racing every day./... in the 5-7 years iv been on the other two they have been down once and that was for updates... and were only down for a hour... never have any problems with them sites

I agree with 4cfed lifes tuff on some I myself have two kids married and drive 41/2 hours one way to work every week, but I'm fortunate enough to have a little extra. but I don't wanna spend it and see know results.

I agree with 4cfed lifes tuff on some I myself have two kids married and drive 41/2 hours one way to work every week, but I'm fortunate enough to have a little extra. but I don't wanna spend it and see no results. I don't think any one should be "punished" for not supporting but instead we should be rewarded for it.

im a member of many forums..... and i frequint this one, wisconsin street dominators and chitown racing every day./... in the 5-7 years iv been on the other two they have been down once and that was for updates... and were only down for a hour... never have any problems with them sites

I heard that there was a problem with the server that too many people were joining or something like that? What we need to do it just go through the old members and just delete there accounts. Ive been a member of moddedraptor, and raptorforum for over a year and no problems over there with server connections. I'm not one to biotch however so its fine with me :D
Just out of curiosity, how much are these sponsors throwing down weekly/monthly/yearly? I know this site has given them a sh*t load of business.

There was a thread about how the site has been working lately (well a couple). In one of them an admin. was on and said there have been alot of new members joining lately and that they have to upgrade the server .

Times are tough and some people cannot afford to spend more.. I for one am more than willing to spend a little extra to have this forum run in tip top condition.

I like the tier idea..

I think it should be a choice like 5,10,15,20 max because my dad has to pay for croom state forest passes every year 60 bucks per bike. and we have 4 bikes so thats 240 dollars a year just to be able to ride (legally). And my blasty is under going a full rebuild. I know i should have a job but im more worried about my grades and i have dual enrollment classes for college.

Status
Not open for further replies.