heel guards????

been thinkin of makin some myself, out of road sign of course, watched a set on ebay last week go for 90 sum bucks, they were sheet aluminum, with holes drilled, and all the bends and mounting tabs, didnt look like there was any welding involved, i have also seen some sheet metal ones one here, but they were pretty cheesey, and some guys expressed concerns about the metal edges cutting your leg or foot off in a crash?????

i saw those on ebay too, i stopped at $50, they looked really nice, i wish the person who made those would make some more and put a decent price on them, i figured the person that posted them was bidding on them to bring up the price and he got stuck buying them off himself and he would repost them again

Does anyone know if they yfz450 stock heel guards will bolt up on the footpeg? also are they plastic? I was thinking about finding some on ebay and moddin them

DSC_0050-2.jpg

DSC_0051-3.jpg

Still working on mounting brackets only prototypes

Last edited:
nice idea but when you take a tumble .............man o man is it going to hurt rather round those edges off or get a better idea. not dissing you on it but i will rather get the old plastic one's before I use those