quad rebuild 028.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 249
  • quad rebuild 029.jpg
    quad rebuild 029.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 185
  • quarry 15 feb 001.jpg
    quarry 15 feb 001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 183
why do you have 4x4 decals on your blaster?
by the way nice fab work on the gaurdsI:I

ha..! dont ask lol....i bought the quad with some really sh*t stickers...!didn't bother take em off because it plastics will be slightly different shades I:II:I

heres the mountings

Attachments

• heal gaurds 001.jpg
    heal gaurds 001.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 168
  • heal gaurds 002.jpg
    heal gaurds 002.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 191
  • heal gaurds 003.jpg
    heal gaurds 003.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 169
  • heal gaurds 005.jpg
    heal gaurds 005.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 200
  • heal gaurds 006.jpg
    heal gaurds 006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 194
I guess I'm the only one to think of using a rubber floor mat from a car or mud flap from a dump truck, just takes some measurements, some cutting, and you would have a quick and simple rubber heel guard

I used the floor mat idea for my '79 moto-ski at the very back of the sled where the snow gets thrown by the track...it was a tweetie bird floor mat, lmao.

nice. im probly gonna fab some of these up, and probly silicone some black rubber tubing around he edges of them. the metal jus looks so thin, and probly sharp..

yea it is a bit thin alrite...! i was thinking of welding up like a border thing.. something to sit around the outside...i was thinking of bending up some copper pipe but that would go green over time.......

alrite..! iv come up with an idea...! so i found some (1/4 1/2" nt sure) copper pipe in the shed...and theres a white plastic coating on it...!! goina try make it sit on top of the sharp edges.....! it will be wayyyyy safer that having the exposed sharp edges...... I:I I:I

I'm gonna make me some in my shop class. Just some simple tubing going off the back at an angle. I'll probably cut the stock mounting tabs off while i'm at it.

i'm gonna cut my rear plastics even and take out the broken part, then make some heels guards to fill the space................, just some tubing bent and welded to the stock foot holder thing, then some flat steel in strips welded on, so the mud and water will drain

look on ebay for tusk yfz 450 heel guards they shoudl be like 75 bucks i think those would work with little mod since the stock yfz heel guards

why not cover the sharp edges with that corner bumper guard stuff they sell at a auto store for your car doors??? Its rubber and has that glue stuff to make it stay on.