Handlebars

What width bars do you prefer?

• Total voters

darnizzle8805

Jan 12, 2012
Denton, MD
I have some handlebars off my 300ex, they are not stock. I like the style of them better than my stock Blaster bars. The only problem is that they are a little narrower than my Blaster bars. I am not sure how much I forgot to measure. I know that with narrower bars tend to need slightly more effort to turn, but steering is quicker. What do you guys prefer narrow or wide? I intend to raise my bars up 1", from what I understand this helps with leverage on steering also.

I installed the bars last night. They are about 1/2" narrower if even that much. It doesn't seem like much, but in the world of leverage it could be a lot. I haven't ridden it yet because I have to find longer bolts for my riser. I am doing the stock flipped bar clamp trick.

Well yesterday got everything bolted up with the riser trick and my other bars. All that I have to say is WOW what a difference. My blaster feels like a completely different machine. I just have to get use to how much easier it is to pull up when I want to wheelie. Also I know this isn't a suspension thread, but i've never worked my blaster like I did last night. I've slid around a couple bumpy corners and felt like I bruised my kidneys, but last night I really realized how much a 2003 Basters stock suspension
IS NOT for my 200+ lbs body. As soon as I fix my 300ex , it's new suspension for he Blaster

Well yesterday got everything bolted up with the riser trick and my other bars. All that I have to say is WOW what a difference. My blaster feels like a completely different machine. I just have to get use to how much easier it is to pull up when I want to wheelie. Also I know this isn't a suspension thread, but i've never worked my blaster like I did last night. I've slid around a couple bumpy corners and felt like I bruised my kidneys, but last night I really realized how much a 2003 Basters stock suspension
IS NOT for my 200+ lbs body. As soon as I fix my 300ex , it's new suspension for he Blaster

I know the feeling! Us bigger (read as not fat) guys sure could use an extra 6" of high density foam in the seat also!

Not sure what bars were on my blaster but I think they were tag dirt bike bars and they were super low. I had stock bars off my raptor laying around so I threw those on. They are higher and have more sweep which makes for a more comfortable riding position.

I installed the bars last night. They are about 1/2" narrower if even that much. It doesn't seem like much, but in the world of leverage it could be a lot. I haven't ridden it yet because I have to find longer bolts for my riser. I am doing the stock flipped bar clamp trick.

stock flipped bar clamp trick ?

please elaborate.

stratton.

stock flipped bar clamp trick ?

please elaborate.

stratton.

you need to get an extra set of top clamps and 1" or so longer bolts, (measure)
put the extra set of top clamps under the bars and bolt thru all, they raise the bars about 3/4"

i used to run this mod on both bikes, before i built extended stems, i gave the 2 sets of extra clamps out at my ride last year