Porting and blowdown

It doesn't matter. Pay-pal liked my measuring equipment better. Case won.

hmmmmm, you mean to tell me you can't make up blasphemous claims to cover your own mistakes,
never provide an ounce of proof, and not ripoff spotless business men to get world class work for free ?
go figure !

ain't no dancing around that :D

Reactions: speedyslyder
I think Mr Deebee owes Mr Oconnor an apology...

Posted by Deebee on his other forum.

"Yeah I got the cage (and Carb) taken care of, I went with a second .020" over forged piece ( hand selected for being .0005" larger than average spec) in that cylinder, and after about 8 hours of putting around the house and yard , basically spinning every time I was on the pipe. I finally took her out and same as last first time it hit peak rpm under power it started slapping, when I finally got a good measure myself I realized that my cheap caliper was off by.005" , and the machinist I took it to to measure was telling e cylinder was .005" oversized for a 66.50 bore. Not .005" clearance. So that's how I was getting .007"+ skirt to wall clearance.

Basically starting over, and running everything through port calc., (porting-programs.com)"

We all tried to tell you. You started a claim for your money and lost. You bashed Ken on every website review you could. Now you post the truth on another forum. I would say its time to man up and come clean and let us all know you actually didn't have a clue on all the info you were spewing. Matter of fact you should go and clear up all the false BS you wrote about Ken out there.

"I am obviously a sucker for doing it the hard way." - Deebee
This says it all. I could tell from the beginning that he was in way over his head with this endeavor and his enthusiasm for experimenting far outweighed his capacity to do a professional quality job.

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Wow, interesting thread.
Most of us have been where DB started out, hellfired to make the most massively powered engine ever. We read everything and prepared to put every modification EVER into one engine rebuild. Sometimes it turned out ok, but usually on the road to progressive learning, mistakes were made. You cannot get thru a maze without a lot of wrong turns.

So, when something goes wrong, what to do? Lay out all the facts and learn from it so it doesn't happen again. You have to be honest with yourself and face the truth. Mistakes are the trailmarkers to knowledge. Face them and you'll be heading in the right direction. These days I do my experimenting one step at a time, and usually small steps at that. I really enjoyed JoeAK47's posts because he does the same thing, and it shows in his knowledge and reasoned approach here.

The marks on the sides of the bore could be polished sections from rings run in too softly or 4-square seize from a forge piston getting too tight. Pictures are not good enough to tell, but the bore crosshatch still looks great. Forged pistons will measure undersize at the skirt after a 4-square seize, also called a "cold seize" from running the engine hard while cold. That is why I hate forged pistons in these recreational engines. Too hard to stay off the throttle while waiting for warm up. I've scored a few myself, I know.

Poor DB, he was taking when he should have been listening. Replacing the piston and he could have been running again with his pride still intact and knowledge expanded.

Steve