getting bored of my blaster

636chris

Dec 21, 2011
northeast philadelphia ,pa
im getting bored lol. how much of and improvement is the 400ex rear shock . im looking to do suspension and then a 240 kit . Whats a good set up for tight trails, mx and open riding ? where i ride there's everything from doubles to straights to ruff trails ,drift rings you name it its all there. i guess i basically want a gncc style set up .

lets here some opinions . Budget friendly is a huge plus (i have a 2 month old)

The 400ex shock is great. You can't really have a motor setup that's going to work best in all the type of ridding your talking about.a motor set up to work best for tight trails will not be the best performing motor for other more top end ridding. You can have a motor that will good for almost all ride types but will not be great in all of them.

Fu*k the 240, send your stock cylinder to Ken O'Connor/Flotek/Trinity Racing for some aggressive trail porting. Will put out way more HP than a stock Vitos 240 BBK.

400ex shock is a gargantuan upgrade, also. Find yourself some short front snowmobile shocks, they are a great upgrade. Or Banshee front shocks. Or if you have the money, find some works front shocks

lol sorry long day of riding and now drinking coffee . im looking to do a rear 400ex shock this week , and hopefully soon widen the quad out.

motor options , as far as i know i only have a full fmf pipe with a powercore 2 silencer(jetted accordingly).

whats some good bang for your buck engine mods that are dirt cheap(i cant stress cheap enough).

i will eventually be doing a stroker set up or 240 kit ,please enlighten me on the differences.

I do need reliability as i ride for hours upon hours when i go riding.

actually you guys know this stuff best . so lets here some opinions im open to all suggestions. my friends with 4pokers like picking on me . whats the deal with the scarey fast power now valves

Post a linc for "OOOOOO SCARY FAST" useless as tits on a boar hog. Rates right up there with boost bottle and turbonator.

List ALL your mods. Timing plate mod FREE, need to buy correct flywheel puller. Better air filter, moddest price.Yamaha Blaster 1997 1998 1999 Uni-Filter Air Filter NEW | eBay some are more/less. Remove or mod lid and rejet for all but timing change. Head rechamber about $60.

Snomo shocks are an interesting option. I first got the idea couple years ago from a thread on BHQ. Artic cat and polaris use fox shocks. I know mid 90s 440 snopro are about 14 1/2. Lots others are in same range, tho I wouldn't go over a 600, as larger cc may be to stiff. I do kno of at least one on here that runs snomos, don't recall who.

As to the 240 that get kinda pricey, plus there was a problem getting pistons for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
im thinking of just doing reeds and the timing plate mod for now and a better air filter . of course along with a 400ex shock and what every other suspension goodies i can get for cheap. ill more than likely be sending the motor to k.o.r

hopefully he still gets on here so he can see what all hes missing out on. might make him sick to know that i put my blaster against my cousins 05 kfx 700 in a little over an eighth mile drag and beat him by about 15 yards. he gave 5700 for his kawi and i gave 600 for my blaster all though its not stock haha made me fall even further in love