Fishing?

This is what my son's buddy got today 24"- 17.5" girth- 7.25lbs. Boooyaaah!
fishy.jpg

i always pass a small pond that is by where i ride. i never thought much of it until today. i decide to go fishing in it. the first few casts i bring in a monster cat fish then 2 big ass largemouth's. i was like whoa! so tomorrow i'm gonna head down there bright and early and see if i can haul anything out.

Went fishing yesterday. I caught fish, but they were just little guys and not really picture worthy.

Anyway the scenery was nice. It was odd fishing in shorts with snow all around you. It was about 70 degrees.

mountains02.jpg

mountains01.jpg

Gotta love the spring runoff. The water is high and the fish were just jumping all over the place.

beautiful place. all i ever catch is catfish. allthough i did catch a 7lb carp once. but catfish are easier. you just cast out and kick back and wait. they come to you

All I was catching were little tiny browns. Theyre still very spunky and fight like hell for little guys tho.

Ive caught 17 inch rainbows that fought less than these little guys.

I lied about not being picture worthy. I always take pictures. :p Heres one of the smaller of the little guys I caught. The biggest one I caught was 11 inches. In this stream, 15 inches is considered trophy.

mountains03.jpg

cool...me and my pops been fishing here lately. ive gone prob 10-12 times in the past couple weeks. i caught 1 rainbow that was just over 13". ill put a pic up in a bit...

you guys are makeing me jealous lol i love to fish but im in the middle of the country so i dont get to go after all the giant fish i bet its fun to hook into something that weighs more than you do but i make do with 25lb catfish an the crappie are always fun

Go a little bigger on your bait there are some 50lb+ flatheads near you

i like that tiny cat you got in your sig pic. i bet it tasted great i hate eating huge catfish. we used to go to the locks and dams and catch 100lb cats and garr. havent been in years now.

I do alot of ice fishing up here, nothing like pulling a 15 pound pike out of a hole in the ice. Or spending the night in a ice shanty fishin for waleyes, dont always catch much fish but we always catch a buzz haha. Trout season just opend up but they arnt biting good yet, bullpout and channel cats are what ive been fishing lately.

Just bought a new browning super light with 6lb test and chest waders this week! Just need to work on a bigger tackle im running out of room again, 3rd tackle box i bought in 1 year :( this time i gotta make sure i get one I'll have room to fill.

I dont like fishing with anything bigger than 4 lb test.

Ive caught a 27 inch lake trout out of the snake river on a little ultralight uglystick with 4 lb test (p-line fluorocarbon 4 lb). That fish was a riot to fight!

1st pic is a 28'' trout and 2nd pic is a kingfish.old pics havent been fishing in a while

Attachments

• l_86a5d30f75c2f02e0de522159d50b5da.jpg
    l_86a5d30f75c2f02e0de522159d50b5da.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 98
  • l_4a54ce7e910e4f52b858aa5e511ab0f5.jpg
    l_4a54ce7e910e4f52b858aa5e511ab0f5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 85
i like that tiny cat you got in your sig pic. i bet it tasted great i hate eating huge catfish. we used to go to the locks and dams and catch 100lb cats and garr. havent been in years now.

damn I didnt think it was that small. We dont have 100lb catfish and gar here. I dont eat Flatheads I used to eat some channels but I am to lazy to clean them these days