5520537097_92f2847a38.jpg

Mark where mounting holes are(then drill):
5521127096_f58398fa18.jpg

Should look like this:
5520533581_1c592af4ac.jpg

Or this(if you want heel mounted nerfs):
5521126056_a26e878572.jpg

Sorry I could only do 10 Pics
This is as far as I've got,so please tell me what you think:)

also a good thing to do is cut iit in half and slide a bigger peice over one side half way and weld it on so that you can attach it as 2 peices. because once you put nets on you cant get them on and off.

also a good thing to do is cut iit in half and slide a bigger peice over one side half way and weld it on so that you can attach it as 2 peices. because once you put nets on you cant get them on and off.

Yea thanks NOVIS, your ghetto nerf bars are what inspired me;)

I love conduit for home projects. I built an entire utility rack and half of the front bumper out of conduit to fit my wife's prairie 400. The stock one had no room for the winch and the front rack was plastic and not supported well at all. I need to take pictures of it one of these days... most of it out of conduit

I might undertake this project sometime this summer and I will probably do it the same way you did. I want to see your solution for nets and net mounts.

Here is my opinion and please in no way take this as an insult to your work.3/4 emt is not very strong at all and if you put any weight on it it will bend very easy.You will have to see when they are all done and finished up.Those kinks in the pipe will also make it weaker and easier to bend in thoes spots.Emt is a thinwall conduit and is not very strong compared to the usuall aluminum used in nerf bars.When you bend your 90's you need to mark on the pipe where you want it then you need to mark 6 inches back from that mark(which side you mark 6 inches back depends on which side you want the 90 on) and place the mark on the head of the bender on your new mark and make a full bend and do not come off of that mark.You will get consistent bends with no kinks.If you need more pipe bending info send me a p.m. I will be glad to help you out a bit.Pipe bending is easy but the formulas are the key to them.For the nets just use some old tie down straps and cut them up and if you have sewing capability you can sew them together where you want.I give you credit for what you have done so far.Just be cautios on what weight you put on those nerfs.Again please don't take any negativity towards this post just trying to be truthful and informative.Alot of peeeps with not a ton of dough would be happy with a set like these.Keep us posted on the finished product.

rigid (threaded) pipe is alot stronger also and can be bent manually up to 1 inch.May be an option if these are to weak to step on.Good luck with the project.

Here is my opinion and please in no way take this as an insult to your work.3/4 emt is not very strong at all and if you put any weight on it it will bend very easy.You will have to see when they are all done and finished up.Those kinks in the pipe will also make it weaker and easier to bend in thoes spots.Emt is a thinwall conduit and is not very strong compared to the usuall aluminum used in nerf bars.When you bend your 90's you need to mark on the pipe where you want it then you need to mark 6 inches back from that mark(which side you mark 6 inches back depends on which side you want the 90 on) and place the mark on the head of the bender on your new mark and make a full bend and do not come off of that mark.You will get consistent bends with no kinks.If you need more pipe bending info send me a p.m. I will be glad to help you out a bit.Pipe bending is easy but the formulas are the key to them.For the nets just use some old tie down straps and cut them up and if you have sewing capability you can sew them together where you want.I give you credit for what you have done so far.Just be cautios on what weight you put on those nerfs.Again please don't take any negativity towards this post just trying to be truthful and informative.Alot of peeeps with not a ton of dough would be happy with a set like these.Keep us posted on the finished product.

rigid (threaded) pipe is alot stronger also and can be bent manually up to 1 inch.May be an option if these are to weak to step on.Good luck with the project.

Yea, I thought that might happen, well just better get some real nerfs, Thanks DUALSTROKE

i like the idea i would do it if i didn't have real nerfs already, but some stronger pipe would fix your problem.

I've actually used conduit for bunches of things I "wasn't supposed to" and you'd be surprised how much a beating it will take...

I wish I had taken pictures of the bumper and rack which survived the flip. My brother in law wasn't used to CVT transmissions and "gunned" it right before a turn. Of course that sent him careening into a turn WAY too fast. He rolled the quad over and onto the front bumper and rack I had made out of conduit. I used conduit because it was cheap and readily available.

It bent bent whole assembly down about an inch on the side he rolled onto and warped it slightly (he went over more forwards than sideways) Otherwise it survived the wreck with surprisingly little damage. When I rebuilt it, I used conduit again!

Now I know conduit isn't as strong and good tubing... as a matter of fact it kinks worse than anything I've seen but that doesn't mean it can't made a decent frame for a set of nerfs.

If you're adventurous, I don't see why conduit can't be used for nerf bars. Keep in mind that if you bang them into a tree, they could break. Guess what? You bang profenssionally made aluminum nerf bars into a tree... they could break!

I think making nerf bars would be fine but with some better material for sure. And you will want to get un-kinked bends. But I do think the safety is over-rated unless your racing. I don't know about you but I'm not standing on my nerfs ever. I've had nerfs forever and can't remember ever having my foot slip on to the actual bar. Into the wheel well but that's a different story. Regardless,
I'm gonna have to agree with sicivic that a bought one can break as well. My opinion is it all comes down to material and how they are fabbed. I have to give props for the attempt but would take what you have learned already in this thread and go back to the drawing board with some better pipe and bend. I have seen plenty of well made hand-built nerfs.

these nerfs would be fine for anyone who is not racing, like said above...

but if you race, spend the money on some real nerf bars. I should take some pics of mine lol, it's time for a new set.. when racing they come in contact with other quads almost ever moto you race...

100_0392-1.jpg