DIY Air Scoops With Pictures-Step By Step

Cool...I have some 2mm aluminum laying around. This will be my weekend project.
GREAT!!!
TORKER.

this was a sweet idea. i made some up for my blaster and my brothers 300 ex. a few different measurements but they turned out nice

Awsome DIY!!! THANKS! :) Going to fab up a set on the weekend and try them out!
Cant wait!
I should already have the materials..

Only thing is ... I am lacking a good front fender support.... ont side is broken and missing on my new blasty..
Anyone got a spair? Pm me please.

thanks again!

very nice! i did this for mine! they are in my sig. i used stainless too. i got the stainless from metalsdepot.com u frind the 1ft x 1ft type of metal and u call up and they can cut it for u. i got mine cut to two 6x10 sheets. i bent em and used some 1/8"x1"x18" for the bottom brace and ziptied it once to the frame so it didnt rub against the steering stem and it made them sturdier too. i then primed them and painted them black with a couple coats of duplicolor too. they came out great. thanks again! rep point given

I just made up a set out of an old dirt bike gas tank. Not as functional because of the angle I mounted them in but they look sweet. I'll put up a pic later when I have a sec to figure out how. Silly noob

very nice! i did this for mine! they are in my sig. i used stainless too. i got the stainless from metalsdepot.com u frind the 1ft x 1ft type of metal and u call up and they can cut it for u. i got mine cut to two 6x10 sheets. i bent em and used some 1/8"x1"x18" for the bottom brace and ziptied it once to the frame so it didnt rub against the steering stem and it made them sturdier too. i then primed them and painted them black with a couple coats of duplicolor too. they came out great. thanks again! rep point given

real quick, why would you go to all of the work to order stainless steel online and then paint it? Just seems like a waste of money and time.

do you know what you are talking about? this is the link. $25.99+ shipping.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/product/MAIER-HOOD/?catalogId=108485&refine=1&catID=323&pcatID=266&catName=Plastic+and+Plastic+Kits&srchHistoryURL=wgdh19fx||parentCategoryID~264^superParentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName~ATV^categoryID~265^categoryName~ATV%20Parts^subCategoryName~Body%20Parts%20and%20Accessories^subCategoryID~266@8vdgpqz3||parentCategoryID~266^categoryID~323^categoryName~Plastic%20and%20Plastic%20Kits

check the link for yourslef.

They are $59.99 + Shipping.

This was so great it helped so much! had all steps and i had no problem making them. great job man and thanks o and sry i kinda coppied the stickers u used it was all i had left
index.cfm
&imageID=13543183[/IMG]
index.cfm

Sick lookin blasty their 89 custom, but i wouldn't bother with scoops, without the fenders you are getting as much air as you are gunna get. I am also not sure what it would look like. You are clearly going for the bare look so i would leave it like it is.

DJ made mine today for both blasters, will post pics of them on the blasters after i get off restriction in about 2 weeks, thanks for the wright up.....

the bottom is mounted witha piece of flate bar stock that runs from the bottom of one scoop to the bottom of the other scoop. restin the flat bar against or close to the frame.