Could my blaster beat a banshee

find a tight track and the race him. i know blasters dont handle that well with stock suspension and i know this is off topic, but the other day me and my buddies went riding and he has a ltr450 and i have a blaster and when he turned, i turned at the same time and was right behind him, well the blaster had a tighter turning radius...

find a tight track and the race him. i know blasters dont handle that well with stock suspension and i know this is off topic, but the other day me and my buddies went riding and he has a ltr450 and i have a blaster and when he turned, i turned at the same time and was right behind him, well the blaster had a tighter turning radius...

no offense but if your friend knew how to ride the 450, he should have been able to turn that thing around just as quick or quicker than you on your blaster

we werent turning fast, we were just turning. if we were turning fast or something he would have. but he is also a better rider than me. i was just saying that the blaster had a tighter turning radius

so have you raced him yet? if you even in the ball park at least you can pull out the "well if i had another cylinder" argument, hahaha kinda apples and oranges if you think about it, but let us know how it turned out either way

is there really an advantage to having 2 cylinders? like if it was a 350 single cylinder would there be less power?

alot less power. the banshee works so well because of its 2 cylinder setup. the cycles of the pistons are 180 degrees off from each other.. essentially, when one is firing the other side is exhausting. this configuration allows each piston to take some of the load off the other pistons cycle in the firing/exhausting process. they work seamlessly and in unison with each other.

actually a banshee works by firing both spark plugs at the same time each 1/2 a rotation.
a single 350 would make similar power but earlier in the RPM range.
the twin can rev higher because it is more balanced.

heres an idea , just friggin line em up and drop the hammer , stay on the pipe , shift fast and have fun !!!!! My Banshee is so god damned fast you gotta slow down to think about cornering !!!!!! Its pretty built , FMF's 20cc cool domes , wiseco crank , pistons and rings , tors eliminator . I'm thinking about swapping it to the single intake/carb set-up . also have half a mind to put the shee motor in a mini rail or build a drag only bike and put a 700r motor in the shee frame . anyways have fun riding .....

heres an idea , just friggin line em up and drop the hammer , stay on the pipe , shift fast and have fun !!!!! My Banshee is so god damned fast you gotta slow down to think about cornering !!!!!! Its pretty built , FMF's 20cc cool domes , wiseco crank , pistons and rings , tors eliminator . I'm thinking about swapping it to the single intake/carb set-up . also have half a mind to put the shee motor in a mini rail or build a drag only bike and put a 700r motor in the shee frame . anyways have fun riding .....

thought you sold the shee??

i am sorry but that is pretty much a stock engine.

thought you sold the shee??

Nope it's still in the family and our work contract passed without any strike issues so that was a big deciding factor as well I still need a 4 poker to put around on with my daughterwhile she's learning to ride so I'm lookin around for a nice 400ex or a raptor too " the sickness spreads "

Not trying to steal his thread but since were on the topic could a modded blaster run with a modded Honda TRX250R? I am curious as to how I would hold up to my cousins 250. He has Weisco piston, Buadoyseen reeds, pipe, sliencer, geared, but stock bore