Could my blaster beat a banshee

devinjohnson

Aug 21, 2010
GEORGIA
My friends, friend thinks he has a bad banshee its stock with
toomey pipes and thats it, like theres nothing else.i know how to drive good on my blasty and im curious cause i wanna prove him wrong. My blaster has 240 big bore kit, wiesco piston, boysen reed kit,14,40 gearing,k&n filter,dynajet kit,and thats really about it i just really wanna know. Thanks.

Well, im no expert, but im gonna have to say no. I dont think an air cooled 240 will scratch a liquid cooled 350 twin. Maybe if u habe a better power to weight ratio? Idk man, lots of factors come into play. Gearing, tires, surface on which u r racing, rider skill... mayne an expert on here can help ya out, but i just dont see it happening.

if you can secretly pull one of his plug wires off before the race you may have a chance

not without porting and other mods ,its almost gauranteed youll lose in a straight line race

with the toomeys that banshee is make 40+hp easily. it also shaved off around 10lbs. your blaster will be making around 25-30hp. if you can ride and he cant, you might have a chance. but still nope.

i really need help please. i rebuilt my motor and put all stuff on it as said it my first post.it ran fine.but the other day i cleaned the carb,and put a new spark plug.it crunk up and ran a few times today but now it wont start at all. PLEASE HELP ME

you can win............stick a metal pole threw his rim ;) or loosen his rear hubs

not if you race straight up if he gives you 4 lengths but even then it would still depend on thd gearing and distince your racing him

mmmmmm i wouldn't bet the farm on this race, remember what just a pipe did for you blaster? now imagine that effect times 2 pipes, banshee's are pretty mean with very little done, i'd stick to pickin on small bore 4 pokes, or just race him for fun but unless he misses a gear or really sucks or something don't plan on a podium this time

now this is a funny thread....can someone please tell me how all these blasters are beating high hp fourstrokes like the yfz's, raptors and what not but cant beat a 40 hp banshee. i see posts all day long about hanging with a yfz or a raptor but then everybody is saying u have no chance against a 40 hp banshee seems like i need to put my waders on cuz the bs is getting DEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!

I dont think so. I really dont think theres much you do do to your blaster to make it beat a piped/jetted banshee. Toomeys are some of the better bolton pipes, you can get for a banshee.

now this is a funny thread....can someone please tell me how all these blasters are beating high hp fourstrokes like the yfz's, raptors and what not but cant beat a 40 hp banshee. i see posts all day long about hanging with a yfz or a raptor but then everybody is saying u have no chance against a 40 hp banshee seems like i need to put my waders on cuz the bs is getting DEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!

i think that mostly when there talking about the 450's there talking about on the track which is understandable that a modded blaster might take a stock 450.

you might beet a shee on the track but in a drag YOU LOSE. i used to own an arctic cat zr 900 and that thing made way over 100hp, and when i first got on my banshee i was really suprised at how fast it was, it felt comparable to the 900. but top speed the 900 did about 115mph which kills the banshee.

not even gonna be a competition... rider skill is the key, but the banshee will greatly make up for rider incompetence.

dont try to be a hero.. just enjoy riding with your buddy... you have a blaster , hes got a banshee. it is what it is.