Chromemolly Blaster A- Arm Kit

rich1

Jan 6, 2014
N.C./RTP
I got a nice set of nerf bars from Alba Racing in California.

They sent me a E- Mail about their Blaster A- Arm kit
Kit widens 1 1/2" on each side
Chromemolly Upper and lower A-Arms ,
Chromemolly 2 Extended Tie -rods
2 upper and 2 lower ball joints
Free shipping.... $220.00

It's not a bad deal, but I prefer to make it a little wider. They are perfect for somebody who rides really tight trails. I like my bikes right around 48" wide.

Also they do not improve geometry by moving everything up 1"

Thats' a good price. Good replacement for worn out stock arms, plus they have replaceable ball joints.

I'm on page with Wife's, I prefer Mine a bit wider.

It's not a bad deal, but I prefer to make it a little wider. They are perfect for somebody who rides really tight trails. I like my bikes right around 48" wide.

Also they do not improve geometry by moving everything up 1"
I like mine at 50 inches. that's the limit here in Michigan. my banshee was 50 and my blaster will be 50.

Those alba a-arms also require new spindles such as banshee, warrior. The spindles will possibly need reamed depending on what size the taper is. They will not work with stock blaster spindles.

Those alba a-arms also require new spindles such as banshee, warrior. The spindles will possibly need reamed depending on what size the taper is. They will not work with stock blaster spindles.
awesome info...i was looking at these not too long ago..glad i held off

awesome info...i was looking at these not too long ago..glad i held off
No problem. There is nothing wrong with running she or warrior spindles and they are not very expensive. Plus for the 88-02 guys they can then buy the banshee / warrior front hubs and rotors, calipers, lines, master cylinder and do the front hydraulic brake setup as a direct bolt on.

No problem. There is nothing wrong with running she or warrior spindles and they are not very expensive. Plus for the 88-02 guys they can then buy the banshee / warrior front hubs and rotors, calipers, lines, master cylinder and do the front hydraulic brake setup as a direct bolt on.
yea true didnt think about that...me having the front 04 hydros already i think ill hold off for +3s

Just wanted to clarify some bad info in this thread. These a-arms do not require any spindle changing or mods. This kit bolts on to your stock spindles.

Just wanted to clarify some bad info in this thread. These a-arms do not require any spindle changing or mods. This kit bolts on to your stock spindles.
So Patrick show me where I posted bad info. Here is the pic and the link to your a-arms. You can clearly see you are offering 4 ball joints with castle nuts. ALL years of the yamaha blaster only use castle nut style ball joints on the bottom a-arms. The top a-arms are a pinch bolt style ball joint. You can not safely mount that style ball joint on the blaster spindle. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Let's see your top pinch bolt style ball joints that bolt directly up to a blaster. I see you posted this comment and that these were back in stock in another thread. I will take that as you work for alba and are trying to advertise. So prove to us that these $220 a-arms are a direct bolt on for a blaster. From everything I am seeing they are not. If you are offering pinch bolt style ball joints then that is great. It would be nice to see and know for sure. Please clarify.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e33c0b5e&vxp=mtr

rhrcrs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtysquared
You do NOT need to ream the spindles with the Alba arms. In the pic your looking at you do not see all the parts. We have sleeves that get pinched in the stock spindles that thread onto the balljoints. These are bolt on with no mods needed. I would post a pic but I cant figure it out it wants a url.

So Patrick show me where I posted bad info. Here is the pic and the link to your a-arms. You can clearly see you are offering 4 ball joints with castle nuts. ALL years of the yamaha blaster only use castle nut style ball joints on the bottom a-arms. The top a-arms are a pinch bolt style ball joint. You can not safely mount that style ball joint on the blaster spindle. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Let's see your top pinch bolt style ball joints that bolt directly up to a blaster. I see you posted this comment and that these were back in stock in another thread. I will take that as you work for alba and are trying to advertise. So prove to us that these $220 a-arms are a direct bolt on for a blaster. From everything I am seeing they are not. If you are offering pinch bolt style ball joints then that is great. It would be nice to see and know for sure. Please clarify.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e33c0b5e&vxp=mtr

rhrcrs.jpg

Here is your PROOF. I cant put up a pic so here is a link. Check out the balljoint pics. The pics your looking at do not show the adapters. Look at the 2 additional pics under the big one. These do go on your stock spindles with NO reaming or modifications required.

http://teamalbaracing.com/i-18126635-blaster-200-a-arms.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Patrick did you guys ever get the banshee nerf bars into production?

No they are just sitting here collecting dust. We have made about 4 different sets the main problem being the heel plates. With the kick starter we are having difficulty getting a heel plate to look good. It has been put on the back burner rite now everyone is going RZR crazy so we are putting our efforts into that. We will get back on it in a month or 2.

Pardon my ignorance, but why do this upgrade ? Again pardon my ignorance.