CFM aftermarket air box issue...

oh and btw i contacted outerwears and they emailed me back. they found me a part # for a filter to go over the uni filter for the CFM box. ordered this afternoon. should i trust a pre-oiled foam filter for this ride to busco this weekend or should i clean and redo myself for a better application?

a pre oiled should be fine, wouldn't hurt to take some filter oil, check it daily and clean/reoil if needed. or take an extra pre-oiled filter with you.

How much water do you get inside guys?!

the cover is made to disperse water away from the filter. and there is a half inch drain hole

Doesn't really matter herp. If I want to keep out dirt, dust water. I have all those conditions here. It's what I want to do and don't really care if you think it's ridiculous that I want to protect my filter as much as possible.

Reactions: JAY012
Doesn't really matter herp. If I want to keep out dirt, dust water. I have all those conditions here. It's what I want to do and don't really care if you think it's ridiculous that I want to protect my filter as much as possible.
im not saying they cant be used, im just wondering how big of puddle you hit to suck in water.

my brother tried to hydroplane and it didn't work out too well for him. he sucked in a ton of water.
for me i could either hit no water or so much water i would have to disassemble the engine.

I wasn't saying don't do it, I wasn't dissing you for protecting it, I wasn't trying to get you mad.

Water goes everywhere no matter how big or shallow it it. And since all our trails here are sandy, you get sandy water. It's not good and most times you can not avoid it. So any way to keep as much cap out of the box the better.