CFM aftermarket air box issue...

any of the foam filter oils will work....maxima and PJ1 are the ones I use.
do not use the K&N oil on a foam filter, or vice versa.

jetting a stock carb for that setup ?
thats a tough one, most go to a larger 33-35mm keihin carb for a 240 stroker build
once you get the keihin..... #6 slide, 48-52 pilot, CEL needle, 155-162 mains are good starting points.

I do not, don't run one myself, but have seen them

yea i talked to you a few weeks back about the carb. i had a tough time finding the one i wanted but finally did last week, i ordered the exact set up you told me about (#6 slide, 155-162 mains, etc...) but the internals wont be in until the day i leave for this trip to north carolina. im just looking for something to get me by this one trip.. right now i have wayyyyyy to big of a needle (.310) and the bike runs like sh*t. wont idle, wayyy too much smoke and lags a bit on top end. the carb was and has been my issue plus i talked to a guy at a yamaha dealer and he said a pet weiner has a lot to do with these kinds of issues as well. so i ordered a bigger better flow and waiting on the rest. im no mechanic by any means but i have to be getting way to much air and not enough fuel with my set up. at least that is my guess

i have to be getting way to much air and not enough fuel with my set up. at least that is my guess

you need to remedy that, or your engine will not make it thru the busco trip.
if it's lean (too much air/not enuf fuel) it will fry !

have you done any plug chops to confirm main jetting ?..........
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

or moved the needle clip down 1 clip position (raise the needle) to see if richening it up helps ?

Reactions: speedyslyder
you need to remedy that, or your engine will not make it thru the busco trip.
if it's lean (too much air/not enuf fuel) it will fry !

have you done any plug chops to confirm main jetting ?..........
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

or moved the needle clip down 1 clip position (raise the needle) to see if richening it up helps ?

no i have not. im a little dumbfounded in that department. i do know i just changed out plug and the one i took out only had about 20 hours on it and it was fried! like i said i am no mechanic by any means. i try and without this forum i would be lost! i will look into the plug chop one evening this week and get back to you

i do know i just changed out plug and the one i took out only had about 20 hours on it and it was fried

fried as in how....white melted porcelien ? caked with oil ?
although after 20 hours isn't a good indicator of much.
a plug chop is one wide open full throttle run only. after 20 hours all jetting circuts have added color to the plug.

better get busy learning to jet and plug chop it, or it's chances of surviving busco aren't looking good :(
just trying to help, not bust on you.

Reactions: Fast6hand
fried as in how....white melted porcelien ? caked with oil ?
although after 20 hours isn't a good indicator of much.
a plug chop is one wide open full throttle run only. after 20 hours all jetting circuts have added color to the plug.

better get busy learning to jet and plug chop it, or it's chances of surviving busco aren't looking good :(
just trying to help, not bust on you.

oh no none taken man.. i need all the advise i can get!! i am already on the links looking at the chop, the plug was caked with oil the tip looked burnt.. i did not notice any melted porcelain. at this point i need to find someone like you to send the quad to and have them do a complete tune and overhaul

I tried a trx250r and a Predator 500 Outerwears and neither will fit the cfm box.

Normally with your mods, and a stock carb a 310 would be recommended as a start point. I'm not sure how the bbk will affect that though. And whats a pet weiner? A chic that sits on back and pets the weiner to keep you running hard?:D:eek::confused:

I googled it, wait i googled pet weiner ewww, anyway a company named pingel makes fuel valves or petcocks lol

do you think with the petcock it will help the fuel issue? like i was saying i believe i have too much air and not enough fuel together.. maybe keep the .310 add the pingel and let it be? i already ordered a new bigger carb just waiting for it to come in. just dont want to over do it with the fuel

no pingel valve is needed for any blaster less than a full drag engine, the stock petweiner will work fine,
or add a banshee petweiner for a little more flow and the outlet of it will match the inlet of the bigger carbs.

You cant get to much fuel because the float would stop it from flooding out the bowl.

I wouldn't think the petcock would be that big a deal, unless the existing is blocked, dirty, or the filters on it are dirty. Have you leaktested? Could be why you seem to have too much air, or not enough fuel. You don't wanna keep running it if its lean

no pingel valve is needed for any blaster less than a full drag engine, the stock petweiner will work fine,
or add a banshee petweiner for a little more flow and the outlet of it will match the inlet of the bigger carbs.

i knew i was being suckered into buying something not necessary! these guys at the yamaha dealer are a joke!

oh and btw i contacted outerwears and they emailed me back. they found me a part # for a filter to go over the uni filter for the CFM box. ordered this afternoon. should i trust a pre-oiled foam filter for this ride to busco this weekend or should i clean and redo myself for a better application?

think im going to chance this one day trip out there this weekend.. when i get back im breaking down the entire motor and set up and re building and revamping it.. after looking at some of these post on this forum i need to make sure i did it and test as i go correctly.. time to learn the right way to build a quad lol