Can we get some power ratings?

ChrisZx7

May 15, 2012
Rochester, Ny
Just wondering if anyone knew the power ratings from some different exhaust for those of us shopping around.

FmF, gold series, fatty
DMC Alien
DG

Who puts out most power? Who puts out least? Where are they ranged? Who's the best bang for the buck?

The power gain from a pipe depends on how the motor is built. Most all pipes will give you a gain on a stock motor but its best to have a build plan to get the best power to suit your ridding style.

If your planning on buying new spend a little more and get a right bend ... I can't talk from experience but most people prefer them. And the science of it makes sense, less bends equals more power. I must say I'm pretty happy with my FMF set up even tho its a lefty ... For now anyway haha !

If your gonna get a trail port for low end/ better acceleration you should go with a low to mid range pipe ... If your lookin for top end/overall speed then your gonna want a mid to high range pipe.
My FMF is good for the low to mid, pipes like the dynoport and lrd are more for mid to high range

If your gonna get a trail port for low end/ better acceleration you should go with a low to mid range pipe ... If your lookin for top end/overall speed then your gonna want a mid to high range pipe.
My FMF is good for the low to mid, pipes like the dynoport and lrd are more for mid to high range

+1

If I could do it again I'd go with a right bend. Not that my FMF is bad by any means.

If your planning on buying new spend a little more and get a right bend ... I can't talk from experience but most people prefer them. And the science of it makes sense, less bends equals more power. I must say I'm pretty happy with my FMF set up even tho its a lefty ... For now anyway haha !

I cant find a right bend anywhere...

I can't talk from experience but most people prefer them. And the science of it makes sense, less bends equals more power.

Google Image Result for http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ericsson-m3-headers-1.jpg

I think you know nothing a bout the "science" of exhaust. ^^^^ is a Formula 1 header. What about pipe on say YZ250? And can you explain why the stinger is so much smaller than the exhaust port?8-|

Also, where are dyno graphs PROVING a right bend makes more power?

Ill put my right bend against any lefty on equally built bikes. But dmc and fmf have great low to mid an fade off at the top. DG= waste of time. Small bore go with the power pros an bbk go with the DP. Imo. But on one note the DMC SOUNDS AMAMZI