Banshee front shocks (Sigh)

Blaster72

Jun 30, 2011
Nebraska
I ordered used shee shocks for my blaster. Shocks fit nice and look ok. Problem is there doesn't seem to be much rebound damping. The shocks pop up really fast compared to the factory rear. I had to twist the preload to 4th setting. I should have listened and spent more $ and gotten something better. Live and learn. They are great for flat track. They kinda suck for rough woods riding. Just and observation.:rolleyes:

I liked my banshee shocks in the woods. Put them on their softest setting and rip it up! You cant beat them for 50 bucks.

I ordered used shee shocks for my blaster. Shocks fit nice and look ok. Problem is there doesn't seem to be much rebound damping. The shocks pop up really fast compared to the factory rear. I had to twist the preload to 4th setting. I should have listened and spent more $ and gotten something better. Live and learn. They are great for flat track. They kinda suck for rough woods riding. Just and observation.:rolleyes:

Your using a Banshee rear shock to ?

Make sure if you go 400ex, get the Ken o'connor bushing kit, it comes with the bushings the bolt to perfectly fit it in. I have a 450r shock in the year of one of my blasters with banshee shocks in the front, all the way soft and they feel great. Make sure to be sitting on the quad and have a buddy do your rear adjustments, so you can get it dialed in for your weight.

I guess you like them a little better now that they are on their softest setting I:I banshee fronts, 400ex rear, and KOR bushings cost around 125 bucks shipped. This is the perfect upgrade when on a budget.

I guess you like them a little better now that they are on their softest setting I:I banshee fronts, 400ex rear, and KOR bushings cost around 125 bucks shipped. This is the perfect upgrade when on a budget.

I'm looking to get a 400ex rear and bushings for the next step. Just doing a bit at a time. Shocks we really soft but worked good. It took
getting used to with different handeling. It's a work in progress.

A starting place is for the suspension to sag 2- 2 1/2" when you stand up on the foot pegs, not sitting.

A starting place is for the suspension to sag 2- 2 1/2" when you stand up on the foot pegs, not sitting.

I would have to disagree with that. All suspension rider sag settings should be done with a full tank of fuel, rider in full gear, and in riding position. Sag should be set at 30% of total shock travel (Or close to it)

Reactions: woodrow wilson
I would have to disagree with that. All suspension rider sag settings should be done with a full tank of fuel, rider in full gear, and in riding position. Sag should be set at 30% of total shock travel (Or close to it)
I agree to disagree, Like I said its just a starting point.
Are you are talking about someone who is dressed up ready to race. Most on this site do not race, just want the basics. As far as position, if you race how many times to you sit or stand while riding ? Depends on the track , is it sand, dirt or clay ? How high are the jumps ,how fast is the track. Those who want more need to get custom shocks that are set up and measured for their ATV specific travel . Call Works or Elka up they will want a whole list of measurements before they even let you order. That's what I did for my front shocks. Im trying the 400es on the rear if it does not work Ill order a Works rear too.

I like the 400ex shock on a blaster.

I have long travel and that's how I set mine up. I will still have to play with them a little, but the ride height is right where I want it. I ride in boots, riding pants, jersey, chest protector, helmet with gopro, and gloves. No sure how much it all weighs, but I'm sure it's a decent amount. I have my front set to 1.25" higher than the rear. Can't remember exact numbers, but I think it's 8.5" in the rear and 9.75" in the front. I took my measurements right behind the lower a arms and right in front of the pegs on the frame.

So
I like the 400ex shock on a blaster.

I have long travel and that's how I set mine up. I will still have to play with them a little, but the ride height is right where I want it. I ride in boots, riding pants, jersey, chest protector, helmet with gopro, and gloves. No sure how much it all weighs, but I'm sure it's a decent amount. I have my front set to 1.25" higher than the rear. Can't remember exact numbers, but I think it's 8.5" in the rear and 9.75" in the front. I took my measurements right behind the lower a arms and right in front of the pegs on the frame.
Whats youre weight transfer % from front to rear?