2nd race!!

so today, i got to say really sucked and really i want nothing to do with this sport anoymore. i had nothing but engine problems....... from the minute i brought the bike out of the car, to when i put the bike in the car. i lost miserably.... got 5th both motos, and almsot was getting lapped. but i fugured if i was gonna loose, mays well loose gracefully. so i did insane big jumps, and scrubed a few..... owell. so now for the engine problems.

i pull it out of the car, go to start it, and it takes about 15 kicks. i run the first practice, and i felt really good, and nothing felt wrong with the bike. i come back in, and all the sudden the motot dies and will not start for sh*t. so i go to start to wrench in the thing. i pull the carb off, reeds, and everything was out. (did this 2 times, and couldent figure out whats wrong.) now its the end of practice. and theres a riders meeting. i go (blaster still appart) and listen for a second, and check the race order. im the second race. so im like well this is great. i ran back to the car, took the reeds off the cage, and bent them the opsite way. put everyhting together. still wont start. and now its the end of the first race, so everyone in my class was at the gate. i had about 6 ppl helping me to try to stat this thing. i wind up jump starting it, and it started. but ran like sh*t. it was boggy as hell, and would not idle, and was spuing smoke. i got all my gear on, and bolted up to the gate got set, and the gate dropped not within 1 minute of getting it stated. i wind up falling in the second lap, and bent my bars, but luckly the bike did start up again(big realif, so this way i woudent get a DNF) i finished the race with bent bars, that were touching the tank. i get back to the pits, and the bike stalls. so i go to work on it. it turns out it was the reeds. they were not fully shutting. and it was just puuring gas into the cylinder. i had no top end power, no low end power, and no powerband. if i let off the throttle, it would stall and never start. i tore the bike appart again, and went eveywhere looking for reeds, and the only guy who would have them was racing. and i never saw him again. (he had a 250r and raced c i think) i i just bent them as far as they would go befor snapping, and played with them as best i could. finally i got them working ok. put everything back together, and it started on the 20th kick or so, and ran throuh the revs ok. sounded ok. took the carb reeds out agian, and put a TGIF fridays credit card half way down the reeds and bolted to the cage. started and ran fine. ran the second moto still had no powerband, or anything, and still lost miserably. but i will thank all the people who helped me get everything going.

so in total this weekend, i spent 1/8th riding time, and 7/8th fixing this bike. it really let me down this time. and this race got me thinking. this is my last year in school boy class. and i bombed it. theres no way i will be able to keep up in c class EVER! so i decided to sell my blaster and buy a 250r and do basic mods to it like porting and such. i have no idea when this will happen tho. i need a job first. so for now, i just need to do extensive work on the blaster tomorrow, and get it rdy for next race.

i will post somme pics in a second. but my mom dident get any of the big table, cause she was too lazy to walk over to the spot where u could see it from the stands and take a couple.

1t0yon.jpg

262wmqf.jpg

2ynl3zq.jpg

ifr1uv.jpg

no that is not the big table. that is a 70 foot high mound of dirt that you hhad to jump onto.

everybody has bad days. dont be so hard on yourself. most guys would give up and not even race if their quad was running like sh*t. instead of saving for a 250r to race c class i would definatly reccomend a 450 even though its not a 2 stroke its built for racing and wont take as many mods to make it competitive. get your quad back together and keep practicing and you'll be able to compete in c class even with a blaster.

keep your head up bro !
and try to do some riding in between races, to find these little problems you've been having, before they turn into bigger problems at the track

nice pics man! sorry bout the sh*tty luck! there's always NEXT TIME SUCKAH!!!

ehh. thanks.

everybody has bad days. dont be so hard on yourself. most guys would give up and not even race if their quad was running like sh*t. instead of saving for a 250r to race c class i would definatly reccomend a 450 even though its not a 2 stroke its built for racing and wont take as many mods to make it competitive. get your quad back together and keep practicing and you'll be able to compete in c class even with a blaster.

i live in a complex. and have no trailer, and no house. thats y i would never be able to buy a 450. i dont have 4000, i have no where to ride, no trailer.
and i cant get a trailer, cause theres no where to put it.

keep your head up bro !
and try to do some riding in between races, to find these little problems you've been having, before they turn into bigger problems at the track

thats the probem. i have no where to ride. i live in a freaking complex.

How far is Mechanicsville, MD from you?

6 hrs.

the thing is, to make my blaster race rdy for c or collageboy, i would need every single upgrade possible. which i dont have the money for. if i get a 250r, just porting, and basic engine mods and suspension, i would imagine that i would be at least able to keep up. and i think a 250r is small enough to fit in my car. but we need to live in a house before i get a 450.

wait by car to you legit mean you put your blaster in a car? I must see pics and 250rs are like 3500 here.. you could rake thy a build a sick blaster mate

wait by car to you legit mean you put your blaster in a car? I must see pics and 250rs are like 3500 here.. you could rake thy a build a sick blaster mate

I'm sorry man.. How do you think I feel mine breaks every weekend..

i know. its not the fact that it broke. i dont mind that. i know that it will happen. but what bugs me is that after november this month, i cant ride schoolboy anymore. and i will have to be in collage boy or c. and the fact that i got wrecked in school boy agenst a stock raptor with rear shock and pipe, lets me know that i will loose patheticaly agenst 450's in collage boy and c.

yea that usualy turns some heads. but now i dont know what to do. sell my blaster and get a 400 or something along the lines. i found a 400ex for 1600 which is about what i can sell my blaster for. but then comes the pronblem of getting it to fit in my car. which i have no idea if it would.

alright well i mad eup my mind, and im gonna do the mods that i can, and do a race and see how it goes. who knows. but anyways, i started to work on the blaster today, and here is what went wrong. 1. reeds were bad. 2. air leak in exhaust and intake manafold. 3. airscrew was badly dirty. 4. cdi was still not fully connected

heres all the parts i need now.
new bars
intake gasket
reeds
tether

308clsj.jpg

2ljtapz.jpg

how bad the reeds were
t82o06.jpg

i call them, credit reeds

Really for $1000 your blaster could be hard for some of those boys to hang with, you sound and from the pics aren't afraid to push it a little, so save, do a little at a time, Personally, I would do my suspension first! Doesn't have to be brand new parts, Then mod the motor, and get some add on's. a nice redesigned head, and MX port on a stock stroke VF3's, 28-33mm carb with your FMF will do well!