2nd race!!

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
ok so im having my second race next saturday&sunday. practice sat, race sun. its a bigger track from last time, and A LOT bigggger jumps, and everything. heres the vid from last time i practiced there:

thats when my chain poped off, and pipe fell off. lol. hopefully that dosent happen this time! my back is feeling great, and the bike is running great! so hopefully somehting will happen :D I:I

i want to be in schoolboy class, but last time i was there, i was the youngest person there, not counting peewee, so i might have to be in C class.

well see how it goes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the practice time to learn the track.

Practice landing on all four.

Keep your body low and swing your butt off the seat in the bends.

Good luck and have a great time, but most of all have fun!

Use the practice time to learn the track.

Practice landing on all four.

Keep your body low and swing your butt off the seat in the bends.

Good luck and have a great time, but most of all have fun!

rite....... lol lol thanks! Blaaster!!!!! the good news is i shoul have a friend i met at my last race pitting with me, and he gonna show mw a few things, so thats good! lol i just cant wait!!!!!

tip of the day....the throttle is on the right, LOL

Should not have told him that, next thing he will do is try to clear the triples.:D

he remembered what i was talkin about...hesitation is what got him last time

he remembered what i was talkin about...hesitation is what got him last time

yuppp.

Should not have told him that, next thing he will do is try to clear the triples.:D

I:I :D I:I there is 1 tripple there i think............ and i was watrching vids on youtube on how to corner, and what i really want to do is lay on the throttle the whole time. i use to let off and coast a lot. also since my tiires were at 15psi, i would slide out a lot when i was sitten on the fender, now that there at 5psi, and the fronts at 7 instead of 10, i think i got plenty of grip, now to really shoot through the corners, and being able to brake a lot later and lay on the gast a lot eailrer.

i think as soon as i get shocks, port, head mod, and +4 timing, and carb, i will be able to hit tripples easisly...

It may pay to practice sliding into corners, not riding in.

Once you have mastered committing to the corner before entering, your exit will be faster.

Hard to explain by typing, but I will try.

Just before entering the bend, swing your weight off of the bike, and dot the rear brake to get the rear end out, so you are sideways before you enter.

Stab the throttle and get the wheels spinning all the way until the exit.

Some one may pick up on this technique and explain it better.

It may pay to practice sliding into corners, not riding in.

Once you have mastered committing to the corner before entering, your exit will be faster.

Hard to explain by typing, but I will try.

Just before entering the bend, swing your weight off of the bike, and dot the rear brake to get the rear end out, so you are sideways before you enter.

Stab the throttle and get the wheels spinning all the way until the exit.

Some one may pick up on this technique and explain it better.

i get it.... thats what i was doing, but what i would do is coast to the corner, let the rear spin out, lean all the way in, and gas it, and i would slide, but because the tires are aat 15psi, i would just slide out and do a 180. i what i want to try and do is lay on the throttle until u get to the corner, slam on fronts and rears, and then get back on the gas as soon as ther mack strarts to slide.

First of all, props to you for being out there on the track with the big 4 strokes. But, you dont need to pull off the track to let them by. Just keep to the inside or outside and let them go around you. Pulling off the track is completely unecissary.

Watching this vid, I bet you got real tired during your first race, didnt you?

Its good to have some weight in the back when going through whoops, but you dont want to be hanging off the back of the seat because then you are pulling on your arms and your arms are going to get tired. Ride using your arms as little as possible. Use your knees to pinch the tank so that you arent holding on to the bars so tight when cornering. Get a medium grip gripper seat cover and it will also help your arms from getting tired when accelerating.
Going into corners you should be using the front and rear brakes. Its just as important to use the front brakes as rear brakes because the more weight on the front tires, the better you will be able to steer. Keep in mind its always faster to rail corners than to break the rear end loose and drift around them. Im not expert, but in my years of racing this is what Ive learned.

Here is a pic of me from earlier this summer.

297986_10150275134351333_501806332_8240852_7358678_n.jpg

Like I said, Im far from a perfect rider, but I have raced many nationals.
Notice the compressed suspension on the front end. That is because while entering the turn I was applying the front brakes along with the rears to set myself up for the transition of going from 4th gear WFO to 2nd before starting the turn. The goal is to try to turn while spinning/sliding as little as possible.

On a good execution, you will maintain perfect traction and shoot out of the corner like a bullet, like so....

297823_10150275134491333_501806332_8240857_1735271_n.jpg

Here is a not so good turn, as you can see Im sliding the rear end around which means lots of spinning.

296647_10150275134671333_501806332_8240862_528926_n.jpg

If its real hard packed, dry or real wet sliding is inevitable. Just try to limit it as much as possible. When you get some shocks you are going to notice a HUGE difference.

To summarize this, go into a turn HOT, as fast as you can, and brake HARD entering the turn, try to maintain traction without sliding too much and accelerate smoothly through the entire turn.

First of all, props to you for being out there on the track with the big 4 strokes. But, you dont need to pull off the track to let them by. Just keep to the inside or outside and let them go around you. Pulling off the track is completely unecissary.

Watching this vid, I bet you got real tired during your first race, didnt you?

Its good to have some weight in the back when going through whoops, but you dont want to be hanging off the back of the seat because then you are pulling on your arms and your arms are going to get tired. Ride using your arms as little as possible. Use your knees to pinch the tank so that you arent holding on to the bars so tight when cornering. Get a medium grip gripper seat cover and it will also help your arms from getting tired when accelerating.
Going into corners you should be using the front and rear brakes. Its just as important to use the front brakes as rear brakes because the more weight on the front tires, the better you will be able to steer. Keep in mind its always faster to rail corners than to break the rear end loose and drift around them. Im not expert, but in my years of racing this is what Ive learned.

Here is a pic of me from earlier this summer.

297986_10150275134351333_501806332_8240852_7358678_n.jpg

Like I said, Im far from a perfect rider, but I have raced many nationals.
Notice the compressed suspension on the front end. That is because while entering the turn I was applying the front brakes along with the rears to set myself up for the transition of going from 4th gear WFO to 2nd before starting the turn. The goal is to try to turn while spinning/sliding as little as possible.

On a good execution, you will maintain perfect traction and shoot out of the corner like a bullet, like so....

297823_10150275134491333_501806332_8240857_1735271_n.jpg

Here is a not so good turn, as you can see Im sliding the rear end around which means lots of spinning.

296647_10150275134671333_501806332_8240862_528926_n.jpg

If its real hard packed, dry or real wet sliding is inevitable. Just try to limit it as much as possible. When you get some shocks you are going to notice a HUGE difference.

To summarize this, go into a turn HOT, as fast as you can, and brake HARD entering the turn, try to maintain traction without sliding too much and accelerate smoothly through the entire turn.

sweeet thanks man!!!!!!! i will definetally try that! also i nver pulled offf to the side to let the pokers go! my chain poped off in the vid, so thats y i did lol. yea becasue of my stock front suspension, my tires woul plow the dirt rather then turning, so i had to slow down a lot...... so u want to be on front brkes into entry of turn, then gas is out?

Yes, you want to be on the front and rear brakes, you should by FLYING into turns which requires front AND rear brakes to slow you down enough to make the turn.

Yes, you want to be on the front and rear brakes, you should by FLYING into turns which requires front AND rear brakes to slow you down enough to make the turn.

ok got it! now for whoops, should i ride them so that my front tires are just tapping the tops, or should all 4's be in each whoop?

The goal is to hit them fast enough so that all 4 tires skip accross the top, but you cant do that with stock suspension.
Lean back enough to let the rear shock soak up most of the hits and the front tires skip accross the tops, but dont lean back so far that you are just hanging on the handlebars with your arms straight.

The goal is to hit them fast enough so that all 4 tires skip accross the top, but you cant do that with stock suspension.
Lean back enough to let the rear shock soak up most of the hits and the front tires skip accross the tops, but dont lean back so far that you are just hanging on the handlebars with your arms straight.

ok..... sounds goood! what u saying my stock suspension is goood!?!?!?!?! welll I AGREE lol