240 +3mill Complete Rebuild

Schweet97Z

Aug 27, 2008
Danville PA
Im going to start this for a friend of mine. We are doing a complete rebuild/restore on his 2000 Blaster. We started yesterday and making pretty good progress. Its going to be a complete disassemble, powdercoat, etc. Doing it the right way. We have pics of what we did so far, just waiting for him to send them to me so I can post.

Side not question. Whats everyone opinion on a Shearer exhaust compared to the Factory 7? They going to be relativly the same? I can get a smokin deal on the Shearer setup, I just keep reading everyone recommending the Factory 7.

yeah dude the people pushing those shearers are usually trying to sell theirs to someone. the f7 or powerpros is the way to go.

Im going to start this for a friend of mine. We are doing a complete rebuild/restore on his 2000 Blaster. We started yesterday and making pretty good progress. Its going to be a complete disassemble, powdercoat, etc. Doing it the right way. We have pics of what we did so far, just waiting for him to send them to me so I can post.

Side not question. Whats everyone opinion on a Shearer exhaust compared to the Factory 7? They going to be relativly the same? I can get a smokin deal on the Shearer setup, I just keep reading everyone recommending the Factory 7.

I definitely want to see some pics of this build. Sounds good so far, what are your guys plan for it all? Are you going to get extended a-arms, axles, shocks?

As far as the shearer setup goes, stay away from it. Can I ask how much your "smokin" deal was going to be and who offered it too you?

i've heard good things about the vito's fat bastard too for a 240 setup

i love my f7, but i'm still on a non-ported stock jug

I definitely want to see some pics of this build. Sounds good so far, what are your guys plan for it all? Are you going to get extended a-arms, axles, shocks?

As far as the shearer setup goes, stay away from it. Can I ask how much your "smokin" deal was going to be and who offered it too you?

Im waiting on him to send me the pics. Ill upload them as soon as I can. The A-arms and axle will be stock for now. Just cleaned up and powder coated. As for shocks go, I haven't done the research yet on what the best ones to use that are budget friendly and can fit on stock arms. I had him order a +4 swingarm though. As for the exhaust, I found one local for 275 brand new.

Im waiting on him to send me the pics. Ill upload them as soon as I can. The A-arms and axle will be stock for now. Just cleaned up and powder coated. As for shocks go, I haven't done the research yet on what the best ones to use that are budget friendly and can fit on stock arms. I had him order a +4 swingarm though. As for the exhaust, I found one local for 275 brand new.

O ok just curious. I hate to "disrupt" your build but your not going to be able to PC your a-arms. Yamaha Blasters use a-arms with sealed, non removable, ball joint. If you were to PC them, well then they would be usless. Theres a derlon bushing inside the a-arm and when heated to 400* it melts thus leaving the ball joint to fall out/break. However you can find some nice A/M ones and PC them. Good Luck! :D

I see where you are goin with that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you thinkin yb is on the loose again.

on another note I would def look into a banshee axle or something wider. you are doing all that engine work and won't be able to turn without rollin over. the stock width of that axle makes it really tipsy in the corners

O ok just curious. I hate to "disrupt" your build but your not going to be able to PC your a-arms. Yamaha Blasters use a-arms with sealed, non removable, ball joint. If you were to PC them, well then they would be usless. Theres a derlon bushing inside the a-arm and when heated to 400* it melts thus leaving the ball joint to fall out/break. However you can find some nice A/M ones and PC them. Good Luck! :D

Your not disrupting anything. I greatly appreciate your words of wisdom. Now I wont be in for a world of shock when I figure out they cant be powder coated. What do you mean A/M arms? Is there any other arms that would bolt up and be a worth while upgrade? Like Shee arms or yfz450 arms etc?

Last edited:
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

There are still more pics. Ill post up pics of the entire quad assembled. I will add to this thread as progression continues. Criticism and suggestions are more than welcome. Im no means a Blaster expert so please let me know your thoughts.

loking good so far man, gonna be fun as hell once ya get it done I:I. keep the pics coming and is this blaster getting some flotek magic?

loking good so far man, gonna be fun as hell once ya get it done I:I. keep the pics coming and is this blaster getting some flotek magic?

Yup. The cylinder will be going to Denny. Ive been shooting some emails back and forth with him. Im more than happy with the way my banshee wants to just rip out of my hands with the trail port he done to the stock cylinders. I can only image what it would be like with a dune port or cheetah, etc.... So he will be getting the business again.I:I

Looks good so far man.. Im definately tuning in on this one.. i like the cooler with the bud lights, definately makes the builds more fun...

I love seein boxes on my porch. unless me and my girlfriend had a fight the night before...LOL. I am workin on a similar build minus the 240. just portin the 200 cylinder.