yz 465 blaster help !

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
Ok so this guy offered me this quad for my bike and i was interested but he told me he cut the frame and put a whole polaris predator front end and swingarm etc That seems shady to me so i was wondering if id be able to take this engine out of this thing he made and but it in a normal blaster its a yamaha yz 465

blaster%20nuts.jpeg

if it looks better and run better than your think about it..... but before you ever trade bring tools and ask does he mind if you check the copression on the cylinders because you never knw what your getting into

I don't see a pic. What kind of bike? Would be decent swap, getting pipe to fit is hardest part. Would suggest adding gussets to frame.

and leak test dont forget to do that

Nobody is going to let you tear $hit down for a leakdown, WTF??

Looks like a six in stretch, kinda sketchy looking:eek:

Your bike better not look any better than that POS 8-|

Way I see it you're getting a 465 motor and a few spare pieces.

More is not always better.
These older motor have more vibration and the gearbox is not as nice as a Blaster.
As well, parts supply is not so good as a Blaster.
If you know what you are doing, you could have an awesome powerful quad with the 465.
If you are just learning, by the end of the first afternoon it could explode into a pile of parts you will never fix.

As for the extension, hard to tell from the picture but it solves the pipe issue and the wheelbase is reasonable.
Two issues: The quality of the welds and is everything straight?

If you don't know about leak tests and how to get jetting perfect, you'd be best to stick with a Blaster.
The Blaster motor has the potential to easily make a reliable 30-40hp with a great gearbox and ample parts supply.
All while being very frugal on your pocket.

Steve