yz 250 blaster

It looks awesome...I:I I have been thinking of doing a WR250 or a 99 or newer YZ250 Swaps for the last 4 years, but i have not found the right deal on a complete bike... I like how you did your frame mod....I:I

thanks man, i got the idea from 3 wh33l3r rid3er so he gets the credit for that! but it wasnt to hard of a mod at all.

wow i love it cant wait to see it riping up some ice next mod should be some hydro brakes for sure keep it up

there might be some vids sunday if we get a chance to get the camera out, and the hydros have deffinetly corssed my mind! thanks!

there might be some vids sunday if we get a chance to get the camera out, and the hydros have deffinetly corssed my mind! thanks!

i will deff be watching for them vids.
if ya decide to go hydros id hit awk up for sure gixxer brakes the way of the future.

well just some small updates. the banshee petcock came in today and got some shock covers for an early christmas presant.
5xn5nn.jpg

2ymew6g.jpg

5tr42.jpg

well guys took it out for the first time today and it ran great. real strong motor compared to the stock blaster motor. but the bad news.....no vids. ill try to get some vids next weekend!

Last edited:
that looks brilliant!! ive got a rolling chassis just about missing a few little bits and bobs really thinking of doing one of these hybrids, would you say it was an easy project? thanks

well i have a little update and it isnt good. took it out last sunday for the first ride all day and the vibration problems are already happening.
heres a pic of the rear grab bar. this is were the mounting tabs for the number plate used to be.
nmxjx4.jpg

31358qo.jpg

heres a pic of were the frame cracked
qy8ztc.jpg

and heres a video from sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a video from last sunday at the races, ran the 250 quad class but im pretty sure i was the only 250, not trying to make any excuses but the both had aftermarket cylinders, one was an LRD and the other was a CT. If i can get a good start at the next race i think i should be able to hold them off for at least a few laps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YZ Otis