Yz 125

92blaster

Jan 18, 2009
Red Wing, MN
anybody got any info on these like what they can beat? any problems that occur with them? any info suspension, what they were built more for like hillclimbs, drags, mx.. what can be swaped from bike to bike. any the older guys on here like phragle or pauli b that grew up with the older 80's 90's bike any tips on them, looking to get one for around $600 completly stock is that a good price? thanks

I have alot of friends that have them and they are nice bikes and fun to ride. They were built more for MX with their "peaky" powerbands. There weren't any really major problems with them that I know of. For a Late 80's, early 90's bike that is around the price they go for on craigslist, etc.

my buddy has one and he can bet me on my blaster but because of gearing on my. but i can go get my brute force 650 and wup him. i would tell you what it is like riding it but he sunk it in the creek lol

only problem nobody in my town has one. most of them are hillclimb bikes only so no test riding one.. looking through dennis kirk there are not many parts for them (older bikes in the late 80's and early 90's) wonder if a 250 motor fit in them haha.. need alittle bit more info to make up my mind. help me out

I would probably not buy a bike from the 80's. I'm not sure buy it may be air cooled which isn't what you really want if you are doing tight trails but if you're doing open stuff it will be fine. Look on CL for a bike a bit newer with something little wrong with it that you can fix.

i love air cooled motors one less thing to go wrong. blaster hasent had a problem.. mine will most likly end up being a hill climb bike so older the better in my mind haha dont see to many oldies out here.. like i called on a cr 125 today it just went up yesterday for $600 its gone today, they go fast