You may loose me.

And with reeds, you have 2 or more reed petals, a reed cage, a gasket, 4 or more reed screws, etc. 8-|

I'm not going to break things down to get into semantics. You have a cam and valves....nothing more that is significant to causing an issue from sitting.

there are 17 moving parts in a 2 stroke, hell a dohc 4 stroke has what? 16 just in the head

dont get me wrong i like both 2 and 4 stroke, i love my 2 stroke on faster trails and on the ice, i couldnt have anyhting but a 2 stroke on ice, but for tighter trail and general fkn around id rather be on a low tech 4 stroke like a 300ex or 400ex

the hondas stayed the same.. honestly from a reliability stand point id rather have a honda.. if i had the pockets id get a ltr450 or polaris 450mx ( cheaper version of the ktm) or the ktm 450 sx

The Honda 450R? It has stay FAR from the same. It has gone under major changes in the engine alone that has boosted power a crapload from it's release date.

I don't MX enough, so I'd probably go with a KTM 525XC. I:I My buddies Outlaw 525 is pretty fast, although I don't go for his IRS......yet. Over time and R&D I can see how it could prove beneficial.

there are 17 moving parts in a 2 stroke, hell a dohc 4 stroke has what? 16 just in the head

dont get me wrong i like both 2 and 4 stroke, i love my 2 stroke on faster trails and on the ice, i couldnt have anyhting but a 2 stroke on ice, but for tighter trail and general fkn around id rather be on a low tech 4 stroke like a 300ex or 400ex

I won't dispute that, but I'm not going to make it sound like 4 strokes are made up of way more parts when it comes down to just the valving system. I mean.....hell.....throw a powervalve on a 2 stroke with a servo and you have matched that.

400ex are bulletproof......probably literally with that XR400 motor.

ether was relability its the honda.. always has been

Well being in Ohio, it's about everything pro-Honda around here. I:I Hell, my dad works at Honda.

They have always been reliable for us, but I won't go one way or the other on it. My bud's YFZ was rebuilt last year, but his negligence on quads would probably kill anything. X( YFZ set a nice standard with titanium valves with the 5 valve design though.

Well being in Ohio, it's about everything pro-Honda around here. I:I Hell, my dad works at Honda.

They have always been reliable for us, but I won't go one way or the other on it. My bud's YFZ was rebuilt last year, but his negligence on quads would probably kill anything. X( YFZ set a nice standard with titanium valves with the 5 valve design though.

didnt the raptor 660s have 5 valves also

didnt the raptor 660s have 5 valves also

Yea I think so, but it's not in the 450 class.

I've never had any interest in raptor 660s or 700s. I rode a 660 and had nothing to write home about it unless I was going in a straight line and anything that goes in a straight line is boring to me regardless of it is a quad, car, plane, whatever....just bores me.

The 4 strokes are superior in efficiency and efficiency at a realistic powerband. I still enjoy 2 strokes. After I sell my Blaster, I will still pick up another 2 stroke along the way....maybe a shee or otherwise, but it's no coincidence that once 4 strokes hit the market as sport quads that they started slowly taking over. Just like cars being 4 strokes, mowers being 4 strokes, quads will ultimately only be 4 strokes and pretty much already are.

You make a 4 stroke sound like it has so many parts to it. No reeds, add valves, a cam, and then what after that?......it has 2 extra parts.....whoop dee sh*t. For some reason I doubt a sealed cam and closed valves are going to suddenly get stuck from sitting around......and due to their efficiency and ability to keep heat dissipation under more favorable conditions they stay more reliable as well. This doesn't take a lot of science to understand. Hell I will even go the added mile and say the 4 strokes are even easier engines to understand on operation, because with 2 stroke modding and port timing in conjunction with stroking, long rods, timing changes, fuel changes, and every thing else, it's a headache trying to figure out the BS from the facts unless you hit up SAE proven info from specific testing........that probably wasn't even done on the 2 stroke vehicle you ride.

Agree to disagree I guess.
You win the keyboard race I win the race.
You quote the book I speak from the garage
Your dad works at Honda I work on Honda- yeah I owned 3 of them.
You watch the race on TV I live near the track
You go by the dyno I go by the seat of the pants
You buy the bike I build the bike
You someday work at a company I own it.
You have a room I have a house
You drink alcohol I run it

This is really why you argue 8-|

The only bike I ever felt bad about selling was a 4 stroke and thats not because I liked it.
It was because the valves were clapped out and I knew it but the guy didn't.
I wonder how many sales go like that?

Agree to disagree I guess.
You win the keyboard race I win the race.
You quote the book I speak from the garage
Your dad works at Honda I work on Honda- yeah I owned 3 of them.
You watch the race on TV I live near the track
You go by the dyno I go by the seat of the pants
You buy the bike I build the bike
You someday work at a company I own it.
You have a room I have a house
You drink alcohol I run it

This is really why you argue 8-|

The only bike I ever felt bad about selling was a 4 stroke and thats not because I liked it.
It was because the valves were clapped out and I knew it but the guy didn't.
I wonder how many sales go like that?

Actually, I don't drink alcohol. ;)

No different than people selling 2 strokes that need rebuilt as the the top ends are spent or they sell their 0.40 over "240 kits". I see that way more than 4 strokes with valve issues.......which really takes a lot to screw up. That was a dick move selling that. :D

Actually, I don't drink alcohol. ;)

No different than people selling 2 strokes that need rebuilt as the the top ends are spent or they sell their 0.40 over "240 kits". I see that way more than 4 strokes with valve issues.......which really takes a lot to screw up. That was a dick move selling that. :D

Yeah it was i did feel bad too but i cut him a hellava deal.

i rode a piped rappy 660... far from impressed.. on the lake it wouldnt pass my blaster from a dig tell top of 3rd gear... fells to tall, to heavy and to narrow

Yep, my thoughts as well. It feels big, but since it is so tall, it feels narrow even though it's large. It make me feel like I'm riding a motorcycle......like a street motorcycle more than an ATV. It's just not for me.....it's all for a straight line. About the only place I see Raptors now are at the dunes with the typical "My dick is bigger than you dick" type of guys at the dunes. 8-| I might as well just stop going to them since the egos around there are larger than the sun.

Never fails me when I see the big bore raptor guys up there that really don't know anything and bring up the dumbest sh*t you can think of in "How can a banshee beat me....it's only 350cc and I got 660cc" like it's some unfathomable notion. 8-| I just.......walk away......and bury my head in the sand.