YFZ450 rear swingarm on a blaster?

rm25x

Nov 28, 2008
Burton, MI
www.actionrcracing.net
I searched with no luck, has anyone attempted to put a YFZ 450 swingarm on a Blaster, I have a chance to get one complete, axle, shock and all and am wondering if its too wide at the frame mount to make it work?
Thanks.

IF it's a similar width, you could chop the back off of your blaster swingarm (re-use the part that bolts to frame), then chop the YFZ swingarm in the same manner, weld them biatches together and make the unit structurally sound. But if the width of the YFZ swingarm back at the carrier is much wider than the blasters, it would be really really tricky to make it work.

yea the 450 swingarm is aluminum so definately aint weldin steel to that..and its most most likely wider at the frame mount.

you can still weld it, but its not a smart idea and you have to have the right type of welder, i forget what its called, but its possible if its the same width.

I searched with no luck, has anyone attempted to put a YFZ 450 swingarm on a Blaster, I have a chance to get one complete, axle, shock and all and am wondering if its too wide at the frame mount to make it work?
Thanks.

2roqm9x.jpg

fits easy, just mill 2mm on the sites

Last edited:
i want to see a pic of the quad put back together when you are done to see how the engine mounts back in.

will a stock engine fit in. I know the engine mount is offset a little but so is a yfzengine. Also how much longer is a yfz swing arm complared to a blaster.

okay i went out and took some measurements since i wanted to see how much work this would be. i want a roundhouse carrier swingarm here is what i came up with.
the frame side of the swingarms are 8 11/16" for yfz and 8 13/32"
the the chains are approx the same distance from the outside of the swingarm which means that the sprocket should be close to aligning and there should be enough play to get it work or you could space the sprockets out. you will have to cut for the motor. the yfz is centered each side is 3" the blaster is offset. if you look at the swingarms they line up fairly well and i think that there would be no problem machining the yfz swinger to work. but the main problem i noticed is that when i measured from the swingarm out to center of tire the blaster has a offset of 1" on the chain side. where as the yfz is fully centered. if you use a aftermarket axel on the yfz i think that it would be fine you could just space one side out by an inch. here are some pics of them sitting on top of eachother and how they similarly line up. and another added thing. shock linkage would have to be built for the since the blaster is offset but if you were going to tackel this that wouldn't be very hard. i didn't have a carrier in it so i don't know how much longer the yfz is i would say about 4". but i know that the chain on my blaster w/ a +3 is longer than the chain on my 450.
if anybody wants me to take some more measurements i can. i may play with the 450 swingarm and put it in my extra fame to see if i can do it. if/when i get to it ill take lots of pics w/ detailed measurements
P1000649.jpg

P1000650.jpg

P1000651.jpg

P1000652.jpg

P1000653.jpg

no offense but it seems like a complete waste of time and money to fabricate and modify a yfz swinger to fit, by the time you get this done you'll have the same amount of money spent ( that is if you value your time as money like i do ) that you could just pick up a roundhouse swinger used thats built for these machines... but if thats what you want to do, go for it...

it would be nice to have a alum. swinger. but yes its probally more cost effective to get a used roundhouse there are 2 on ebay now janssen for 325 buy it now and then there is a sms one that is at like 160 somthing that ends tomorrow.

i say do it and see if it can be done. the thing is right now you can buy a yfz swing arm for like 75.00. and if it is a +4 over a blaster that cuts like 300 dollars and if it works with only a little grinding here and there and and some spacers here and there i say that is definetly a good idea. hell if you had a yfz swinger then it would only take like 2min to ajust the chain. Plus you the a stock yfz axle has to be atleast a good +3 on each side.

Since you have most of the stuff to do the conversion i dub you as the person to try it out first. GOOD LUCK and GOD's SPEED!!