yfz450 front shocks

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Will yfz450 front shocks a direct bolt on for a stock blaster? if they are can i adjust it to be taller?
and later on if i switch to +2 or 3 a arms are they still a direct bolt on?

they wont go on stock arms unless u want to lift it big time. u either have to get a lowering kit or get some long travel arms that take a 16.5 inch shock, the long travel arms is the way to go

even with wider a-arms, the shock length never changes. the taller shocks will put way to much stress on the ball joints.

okay i wasnt sure and i think there a good shock but if its gonna be that much money i think i would rather just find a cheap set of used works or something

even with wider a-arms, the shock length never changes. the taller shocks will put way to much stress on the ball joints.

WRONG!!....they make 2 types of arms, STANDARD travel which takes stock length blaster shocks and LONG travel arms which moves the shock mount lower down the arm which takes a 16.5 length shock. u need LONG travel arms and the yfz shocks will be a direct bolt on. plus having the longer stroke shock they are easier to fine tune, imo the long travel arms are the better way to go, and the arms usually dont cost anymore than standard travel u just have to specify which when u order

okay i prob wont do it if i need longer a arms. A arms cost alot and i really dont want to have that much $$$ in my 4 wheeler

okay i prob wont do it if i need longer a arms. A arms cost alot and i really dont want to have that much $$$ in my 4 wheeler

u can get a lowering kit alot cheaper which will lower the shock mount making them take the longer shock. you can usually get a lowering kit pretty cheap on ebay and keep an eye out for some yfz shocks on ebay depending on how much u get the shocks for u could have less than 200 bucks in it and your ride will be sooooo much better than the stockers. i know awk was going to do something like this with some longer works but i didnt see how it turned out u can pm him and find out. but if you dont want much in your wheeler than i suggest u keep an eye out for some cheap banshee shocks i hear they ride better than the stockers and u should be able to get some close to 50 shipped so u have several options......but in the end u get the ride u pay for so keep that in mind when u buy shocks just my 2 pennies

ya i might go for the banshee shocks
there a ton cheaper and i just want a more comfortable ride the stockers suck

I'll have to call down to the shop, but I'll see about getting shorter springs for YFZ shocks. See if its possible to have something between a stock and long travel length made. Because to be honest, I hate the ride of stock but if I raised the blaster any more than it already feels, I wouldn't feel good riding it in the woods.

failure to search.............you owe phragle 5.00, he accepts paypal.....

seriously man, this is asked almost as often as people asking if banshee shocks fit

WRONG!!....they make 2 types of arms, STANDARD travel which takes stock length blaster shocks and LONG travel arms which moves the shock mount lower down the arm which takes a 16.5 length shock. u need LONG travel arms and the yfz shocks will be a direct bolt on. plus having the longer stroke shock they are easier to fine tune, imo the long travel arms are the better way to go, and the arms usually dont cost anymore than standard travel u just have to specify which when u order

i know there are long travel suspension set ups.
but when you just say get wider a-arms, you are not taking about LT a-arms.
also when you say they cost about that same,
Burgard Cycle :: YAMAHA :: BLASTER :: Yamaha Long Travel A Arms with 16mm Ball Joints
Burgard Cycle :: YAMAHA :: BLASTER :: Extended A arms for Yamaha

a $200 dollar price difference is not close. it might be close if it was $19800 and $20000. but when it is $650 and $450 that is a little bit of a difference.

i know there are long travel suspension set ups.
but when you just say get wider a-arms, you are not taking about LT a-arms.
also when you say they cost about that same,
Burgard Cycle :: YAMAHA :: BLASTER :: Yamaha Long Travel A Arms with 16mm Ball Joints
Burgard Cycle::YAMAHA::BLASTER::Extended A arms for Yamaha

a $200 dollar price difference is not close. it might be close if it was $19800 and $20000. but when it is $650 and $450 that is a little bit of a difference.

WRONG AGAIN!!!...nowhere in any post did i tell him to just get wider arms even in my first post i told him he would need LONG travel arms and once again u dont read a post fully i said USUALLY they dont cost more just like these say will take a standard length shock unless noted...

ASR Yamaha Blaster +3 up 1 MX PRO Racing A-Arms: eBay Motors (item 360277493072 end time Jul-31-10 12:19:47 PDT)

and as do these, i can go all day showing you different companies that do it for no charge and sometimes u get some that wanna charge so if you buy those arms for a 200 dollar difference just for them to weld u in a different shock mount than yeah u need to be had, you should try doin a little more research before u post

Yamaha Blaster+3 Up 1 Pro X-Series Racing A-Arms: eBay Motors (item 360275796094 end time Jul-25-10 12:27:40 PDT)

there's another 5 dollars to phragle lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i just finished fitting a complete yfz450 front suspension to my blaster, took about 4 weeks and made all new mounts for a arms and shocks. i used 660 raptor spindles and banshee calipers and brakes, il do a full post shortly when i get pics uploaded!

i just finished fitting a complete yfz450 front suspension to my blaster, took about 4 weeks and made all new mounts for a arms and shocks. i used 660 raptor spindles and banshee calipers and brakes, il do a full post shortly when i get pics uploaded!

we want pics, we want pics, we want pics

I used to run yfz shocks with standard travel +2 a-arms. They work fine as long as you back the preload off.