yfz 450 or any 450

No offense to you and to everyone else, but you know as well as i do when your going to put that stuff in a blaster (shocks,a-arms,axles, port work, 240bb kit, exhaust) your never going to get it back. Youll get some if it back if you part it but think, is it really worth it?

i agree if you want a 2 stroke get a trx250r.

still keeping the two blasters i have, great machines!!! i still love my 240bb with the stroker crank. lots of nice horsepower there.

although it has now become my sons big bore blaster.

and the stock blaster is there for friends to ride.
i went 4 stroke buying the 450r because other than porting the cylinder i have gone as far as the blaster can be modded. it had plenty of power to haul my 168 pound self around and still be scary, but i wanted something even faster.

so far on the radar gun 90 mph in 4th gear on the trx450r, (still haven't gotten it to 5th gear) and more power than i will ever use.

i agree if you want a 2 stroke get a trx250r.

But even 250rs are loosing value! Some of us might not want to face it, but 250rs, blasters, even zillas! are declining in value. The market is in 4 stroke world. They're old bikes, and not that thats a bad thing but you have to ask yourself, "how much longer am I going to want this bike before I get tired of it?" So if your going to dump money into a quad, you better be damn happy with it for a while!

still keeping the two blasters i have, great machines!!! i still love my 240bb with the stroker crank. lots of nice horsepower there.

although it has now become my sons big bore blaster.

and the stock blaster is there for friends to ride.
i went 4 stroke buying the 450r because other than porting the cylinder i have gone as far as the blaster can be modded. it had plenty of power to haul my 168 pound self around and still be scary, but i wanted something even faster.

so far on the radar gun 90 mph in 4th gear on the trx450r, (still haven't gotten it to 5th gear) and more power than i will ever use.

Not picking a fight, but you say your 450r, with just a port job runs 90 MPH in 4th gear?

the 4yfz450r has the exact same engine that the yfz450 has, only the suspension has changed. as well as fuel injection.

havent heard of any problems with clutch bearings as of yet.
will check into it with yamaha.

no not just a port job, it has the hrc race kit, with a stageI hot cam, and the radar gun is at the drag strip and is calibrated and guarantee'd. coalhill quit whining over all my posts and go buy you something bigger.

geeze envy and jealousy..... grow up

check out youtube they have several posts showing the 450r doing 80 mph as a stock machine.

look for trx 450r top speed

spoke to the dealer just yesterday about the yfz450r, ..... same motor no change there, just fuel injection and suspension. wake up coal...you might need a reality check...
yours i broken due to living in the land of penisenvy

the 4yfz450r has the exact same engine that the yfz450 has, only the suspension has changed. as well as fuel injection.

havent heard of any problems with clutch bearings as of yet.
will check into it with yamaha.

The only thing is the 450r has a compression ratio at 11.6:1 while the yfz450 is at 11.4:1

your an absolute retard.. sorry if it where the same motor the cams would fit from one to the other, the cases would match and the angle on the cylinder wouldnt have changed. the top speed on your port and polished and all that nice stuff you have doesnt effect top speed, your gearing does. that stuff helps get there faster. owned fail. do some research o wait, you own a honda so your just cocky and clueless.. take it to the bank and cash that in

no the trx has a 12.0,1 compresion ratio.

here's the specs as they stack up against the 2005 trx450r and the 2006

All-new engine is closely related to the CRF(R)450R and CRF450X.
Electric starter available for easy starting in all conditions.
Maximum engine rpm is 9850.
New 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor for improved engine response.
Forged slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
Compression ratio increased from 10.5:1 to 12.0:1.
New transmission ratios designed for racing applications and trail use.
Longer swingarm and new linkage ratio for improved turning.
New A-arms, knuckles and spindles for improved turning.
Stronger hubs provide improved rigidity.
8mm lower riding position for lower center-of-gravity, improved handling and rider feel.
Front suspension is lighter and features a new spring for improved bump absorption.
Rear suspension is lighter for improved handling and travel has been increased from 9.0 inches to 9.3 inches.
New airbox for improved airflow and increased power.
Air filter is 1.4 times larger than previous unit for improved airflow and power.
New exhaust system and free-flowing muffler increase performance while maintaining low noise levels.
New cylinder head porting features improved flow for maximum performance.
Lighter radiator features revised fin pitch for increased airflow.
New headlight shape for race-derived look.

look at overall horse's not saying its not a good machine but it has been behind since day 1, however this summer or 2011 they will have the new r out with efi and al that fun stuff.

lets stop clutter this thread. YAMAHA is better

specs are the same posted on honda's website. so the 2006 trx450r has a 12.0:1 ratio..get your facts straight...geeze actually take the time to know even a little about what you are talking about.
the comparison is from atvsource.com

well thats all for me guys, iam heading over the grown up websites for atv's
too many kids on here playing lets pretend i know everything about anything.
when they have barely learned to mix 2 cycle oil with gas.

seems most on here are kids who think just because they rode their atv around the yard without wrecking it makes them an authority.

people like coalhill destroy good websites like this one because they cant stand it that someone might know a little more than they do. andf most often their intelligence can be outdone by a two year old.

your a retard?? oh my, did you learn that in kindergarten? how original...

well iam heading off to atvrideronline where most of the people on there are adults.
and iam also the tech advisor there, as well as owner of an atv and dirtbike repair shop...

if i went by what coalhill thought here was true to run my shop it would have closed 11 years ago before it even got started.

have fun all
Ben
Wolf Performance.

You claim your bike went 90 in 4th, thats how i no you are clueless.. last time i checked compression, gives you power but if the other bike has more power it dont matterhow much compression you have then.

Did i ever say it didnt have that compression? no.

Why dont you go over to the org and say you did 90 in 4th gear and have them laugh at you.. If you own a shop you should know that port and polish, pipes filters dont make you go any faster. its all gearing for top end. Yes those things make you achieve that top speed faster, not go any faster

thanks for the false claim tho

ok last message... i never said port and polish. gah what an idiot. half reading and never understanding what he read.

it has an hrc race kit....look it up you dimwit....
and also a stage 1 hotcam, also larger valves as stated before, full hmf race exhaust, new front and sprockets. the only thing stock on the engine is the friggin crank.

even the gears have been changed.
do some research, youtube is full of stock trx450r's doing 80 mph, so adding 10mph is easy to do just by changing the sprockets. moving it to 4th gear is easily done by upgrading the engine.

have you even worked on a bicycle in your lifetime?

get a clue, get a grip then grow a few more brain cells..

there's no excuse for stupidity when you can read and learn...