yfz 450 or any 450

willdo

Jan 2, 2010
so last night my broke it to me that he things i need a bigger machine i was looking at a raptor 686 (this thing is a beast ) but that might be nuts. and i was looking at yfz and ltz any suggestions?

so last night my broke it to me that he things i need a bigger machine i was looking at a raptor 686 (this thing is a beast ) but that might be nuts. and i was looking at yfz and ltz any suggestions?

450s are just as fast if not faster than raptors. are you getting a brand new bike,or used? what type of riding are you doing?

you wont be disappointed with a yfz, but make sure if you get a 04-06 it has the oil mod or you get it done. the power these things make are serious and deadly. If you pick one up dont going hammering it until you have a decent amount of ride time. Also take a look into some off the ltr's they are nice machines only some years had a tranny wind. Honda's are nice but stock they need alot more then ^ to stay competitive.

Hope you stay in the Yamaha family tho :)

you wont be disappointed with a yfz, but make sure if you get a 04-06 it has the oil mod or you get it done. the power these things make are serious and deadly. If you pick one up dont going hammering it until you have a decent amount of ride time. Also take a look into some off the ltr's they are nice machines only some years had a tranny wind. Honda's are nice but stock they need alot more then ^ to stay competitive.

Hope you stay in the Yamaha family tho :)

i dont understand why the honda crf450r has 50hp and the trx450r only has 37 hp.

ride a trx then the yfz, the honda just dont get it to the ground like the others, ive ripped( in races and climbs) apart alot of trx's completely race ready with just a pipe! And that might not be rear wheel horsepower, as the others are. Something to think of.

Just the sheer comftorbility of the YFZ would swing me from the TRX but I am a yamaha guy. The YFZ feels torquier. Look at the stats in the GNCC with Bill Ballance, no one could touch him on a YFZ.

so you wouldnt sell your yfz for bill balances actual yfz race bike with a new engine in it?

(sense his actuall engine would prob be worn out) thats y i say a new eingine

edit:i mis read your post reed, didnt catch the part were you said anything ELSE

Raptor 660s with a stage 2 cam, jetted, piped, and a 686 haul ass. With a expoxy P&P they're hard to touch. The only thing is, the raptor lacks in some spot. Front suspension sucks, its a little narrow, and thats about it. If you get yourself an axle, a-arms and shocks youll be set, if it doesnt have them already, or you can just buy yourself a yfz and just be set with it.

the difference should be year model, 2004 and 2005 trx450r had a 10.01 comp stroke, while the 2006 and newer have 12.01.

i have a 2006 trx450r with an hrc race kit stage1 hotcam, larger valves, and full race exhaust, the 660 raptors can't keep up in a drag race, and the trx450r is lighter and more maneuverable on the trails than the raptor 660 making it leave the 660 behind there as well.

the yfz450 is a good ride as well, but make sure you do the zip tie cam mod.

whats wrong with the blaster? how big are you that youve "outgrown" it...maybe you should sink, what you would spend on a 450, into your blaster. get all new suspension, a-arms, axle, and motor work.... 240BB? port work?

I THINK YOUVE JUST FALLEN PREY TO 4 POKES!!! your friends probly ride 4strokes and you feel left out...in essence, youve convinced someone to buy you a 4stroke, because YOU said and convinced someone youve outgrown it...

whats wrong with the blaster? how big are you that youve "outgrown" it...maybe you should sink, what you would spend on a 450, into your blaster. get all new suspension, a-arms, axle, and motor work.... 240BB? port work?

I THINK YOUVE JUST FALLEN PREY TO 4 POKES!!! your friends probly ride 4strokes and you feel left out...in essence, youve convinced someone to buy you a 4stroke, because YOU said and convinced someone youve outgrown it...

No offense to you and to everyone else, but you know as well as i do when your going to put that stuff in a blaster (shocks,a-arms,axles, port work, 240bb kit, exhaust) your never going to get it back. Youll get some if it back if you part it but think, is it really worth it?

why dump all the money into something he will never get it back out of, he can buy a stock 450 and be ahead of the game....

wow we posted that just about at the same time

yamaha came out with a yfz450r now which has a longer axle, extended a arms, extended swing arm and heavier performance exhaust.

nice bike!!! it's a little lower to the ground as well.

and its fuel injected those are bad bikes.