yfz 450 heel guards

hudack

Nov 4, 2009
nanty glo pa
well to start just gana ask how everyones been havent been on in awhile. been in myrtle beach but anywho mine broke so i picked up a set of yfz ones for like 13 bucks shiped on ebay. got them today put them on left one i drilled a hole in and mounted it to the back fender and foot pegs of couse. right one i got an extra bracket with my gsxr brakes and i choped it up. to mount the right one to where my old metal ones went left one rubed a little when it bottomed out but the tire took off some and now its perfect. tires are shot anyway il post up some pics tomorow. of how i mounted them and stuff tomorow when i clean her up good. on a side note im huge steelers fanI:I hope there are some others out there. what do u guys think of a steelers blasty i have yet to see one.

well to start just gana ask how everyones been havent been on in awhile. been in myrtle beach but anywho mine broke so i picked up a set of yfz ones for like 13 bucks shiped on ebay. got them today put them on left one i drilled a hole in and mounted it to the back fender and foot pegs of couse. right one i got an extra bracket with my gsxr brakes and i choped it up. to mount the right one to where my old metal ones went left one rubed a little when it bottomed out but the tire took off some and now its perfect. tires are shot anyway il post up some pics tomorow. of how i mounted them and stuff tomorow when i clean her up good. on a side note im huge steelers fanI:I hope there are some others out there. what do u guys think of a steelers blasty i have yet to see one.

i like the steelers idea, im a falcons fan and ive worked those colors into my ride I:I I:I and yeah man the yfz heelguards are great.

yea im thinking black and gold where the red is on my plastics gana have to repaint them soon some a** hole spilt gas on the front fender so the paints slowing peelin and then a metalic gold frame lots of steelers stickers and black air scoops with the good old steelers logo in the middle those are just a few ideas that have been tossing around my head think im gana do a complete rebuild soon

tune in tomorow bro and there shall be pics wana clean it up first then il post pics of how there mounted and how they look so on and so on

for me it was easy i had a good peice of aluminum laying around that already had holes drilled in it in the right spots just needed cut and it took me like 5 mins

hey just saying, but if i were you i wouldnt do gold frame, id do there frame black, swinger and a arms gold

the reason why im uggesting doing this is because sometime down the road you might deside to change it again and the black frame would already be a good base for a diff color combo, but if you did it gold then you would have to start all over again with the prep and paint, imo its a heck of alot easier to paint and arm and swinger than the whole frame, see what i mean, but hey its your project,do what you want, just suggesting

thats a good idea just might have to do that i might save the money and get it powder coated black and pics will be up soon i didnt get the chance to clean it my hose is broke

first pics of where i drilled a hole in the left heel gurad and mounted it to where the old plastic one went second pics of the front of the left third just a pic of it lol the last ones of the right side dont hav e my braket on there anymore cause i went to start it and found out the kicker was hiting the bracket awk was here when i discovered that he gave me an idea for a new one and just wana say thanks bro il get to making it tonight it works fine there just the lefts higher than the right but here are the pics
14bt6q8.jpg
hvujbp.jpg
21ew2ag.jpg
i2m2q1.jpg
il post up pics when i gte a bracket made for the right side but tell me what u think